boot bamp class vs. non-contact boxing class

Options
amandaeve
amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
Pros? Cons? I am considering joining one of these classes as a change of pace from the gym. I want to tone and strengthen my whole body in a supportive group environment.

Replies

• motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I do boxing and I love it! It's a great whole body workout, and the gym I go to classes as have a bunch of different instructors with different methods so every class is always different and it doesn't get boring. We have people of all different sizes and different fitness levels, but it's such a supportive environment where everyone really pushes everyone to do their best.

I've done boot camp style gyms as well, and I don't think you can go wrong either way in terms of the camaraderie. Lol having the ability to hit stuff tips the scale in favor of boxing for me...awesome stress reliever!
  • Hoshiko
    Hoshiko Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Boxing!

Pros:
    Fantastic cardio
    Great for overall core strength
    Good stress relief
    Constant room for improvement, so you never get sick of the workout

Cons:
    You may get addicted and want to shift over into a contact version. It happens.
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've done both. I started out at a boot camp style class, and I enjoyed the format of the class. My reasons for switching included the cost and the fact that no one else in the class was my age. I had just moved for a job, and I wanted to make some friends my age. I saw a group on for a boxing club, and that is where I have gone the past 2.5 years. It's the best stress relief out there! Each instructor has their own style, and I think it is a great full body workout. Maybe check out group on or living social to see if there are any deals for a gym nearby.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I currently do both. I average 3 morning bootcamps a week and one boxing class. I really like the boxing because it's mental as well as physical. I agree about utilizing Yipit, Groupon or Living Single for deals. Classpass has been a great option for me as far as mixing it up. They always run intro deals as well.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I do kickboxing and LOVE it! We hit and kick pads that our partner holds, or the bags. It's a fast paced, dripping sweat, "I may need to crawl to the car" workout and so much fun!