Starting A life journey.

Options
I started MFP July 18th. I have found this site and app to be eye opening. I realized just how bad I was eating and realize also that is not the example I want to set for my son. I wasn't eating breakfast just a Huge cup of coffee with at least 1/5 or more of a cup of sugar plus sweetened and flavored creamer . Then eating nothing the rest of the day but maybe a package of Ramen noodles. Then dinner was 1 and a half cups rice with tons of butter with garlic butter chicken cooked in butter with more butter added to it. Not to mention chocolate I was a chocoholic .

I am in this for a lifestyle change! I am loving the motivation and would love to have ppl add me so that I can get idea's of how everyone on here has been so successful!

Thank You,
Heather!

Replies

• Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Request heading your way! Welcome! Hope we can help you on your journey!!
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    Thank You so much!
  • katie_kaboom
    Options
    Welcome to the group!
  • mammacano
    mammacano Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Sending Request! Welcome to MFP! :smile:
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Your realization is step 1. Great job in stopping denial. It's wonderful that you do want to be a role model for your son. Take control of his diet, too while he is young enough for you to have control over it. You sound like me in the sugar department. I've quit sugar cold turkey and found Stevia to be a nice replacement. It is natural, can be found at Trader Joe's and doesn't give your pancreas a jolt to produce insulin. I've switched to decaf, and even soy milk because it is thicker than non fat milk.

One by one you can make the changes that you need to for a healtier life. My husband has succumbed to the chicken, fish, and brown rice, and we both enjoy not using salt now. Some times we add a pinch, but I'm taking him with me on this lifestyle change. He gets enough on the "outside" to keep himself happy without bringing it into the house. If it is out of the house I feel I am on easy street and will be able to go the distance!

I even lost another pound and yesterday we went to the farmers market to buy fresh fruits and veggies. Mike wanted to stop at one of the bread makers and I was given a 2" x 3" "sample" of an apple strudel! You bet I ate that! Gave a bite to my husband. I have 10pounds to go now and realize that I need to be able to work "real life" into my program. Having a sample is not the same as coming home with 2 pies! So that is how I work some treats into my own life. I eat them out, count their calories, and do not bring them back home with me.

Good luck to you Heather! I know you can do it!
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    Thank You !
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    While sugar was a huge issue. This change is also being made because My Grandmother has diabetes. I know I am at a higher risk of getting it due to genetics. Carbs were my issue also.Spaghetti weekly with cheesy garlic bread was a fav. My husband is 6'7 and I was eating portions that were the same as his. With this app I have learned what a real portion size is! I never knew!?!? Being 31 You would think I would know that. But it is something I have learned and will pass that knowledge down for generations!
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    :smile:
  • mjmoore8480
    Options
    Yay Heather! I'm just starting too- my kids are a big reason for me too. I knew I needed to do something when Marli acted suprised that I went outside and played hide and seek for an hour with her. She said, "Mommy, you never run around with me outside!" That was definately a wake up call for me, the fact that I wasn't able to run around in the yard and play with her. Thats my biggest goal now, to be able to keep up with my 6 year old! Its great having family together in this, Its nice having people cheering you on along the way! love ya!!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :smile:
  • worldgirl28
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on your journey and know that everyone here will be an awesome support system!

PS: Myname is Heather Lynn, too! :-)
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on your journey and know that everyone here will be an awesome support system!

PS: Myname is Heather Lynn, too! :-)

Thank You !
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    Yay Heather! I'm just starting too- my kids are a big reason for me too. I knew I needed to do something when Marli acted suprised that I went outside and played hide and seek for an hour with her. She said, "Mommy, you never run around with me outside!" That was definately a wake up call for me, the fact that I wasn't able to run around in the yard and play with her. Thats my biggest goal now, to be able to keep up with my 6 year old! Its great having family together in this, Its nice having people cheering you on along the way! love ya!!

With all of us in this we can do it! We can pick each other up and help each other! It is so comforting to have family do it too. I know no one on my side is even remotely interested in this. So it is awesome to have you guys doing it at the same time I am. We love you and Thank you for the support!
    Heather!
  • ♚SuperHeather♚
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :smile:

Thank You !! The support here is amazing!