Meal Prep Help and Staying on Track

Options
Hello, I've been a MFP member for a while. My goal is weight loss and toning, but I'm having some trouble with Meal Prep and Staying on Track, any pointers anyone??

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    What are you having trouble with, exactly?

I do meal-prep quite often - I'll find a recipe I like, double (or triple) it, to end up with anywhere from 10-24 servings. I bought a ton of reusable tupperware containers from Amazon that I use to store my meals.

As for logging my meals, I use my kitchen scale to weigh all ingredients as I cook and keep a notepad handy. So after I cut up my onions, I will put them on my scale (in a tared-out bowl) and record how many grams they are on my notepad. (For example - "raw onion - 210g")

I keep doing this with all my ingredients and follow the recipe. When the food is done and slightly cooled, I put it into equal portions in my tupperwares.

Then I go on MFP, and use the "Add Recipe" function. I put in all my ingredient weights and my final serving count (how many tupperwares I used). Then I have an easy calorie count per tupperware to add to my diary as I eat them.

I put enough tupperwares in the fridge to last a week for me and my fiancee, the rest go in the freezer. Afterwards I pull them out of the freezer as needed.
  • MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Meal prep for breakfast and lunches keeps me on track, I'm sort of embracing the boredom to stay on track. Every weekend I make burrito bowls for lunch for half the week and something else for SOME variety as well as egg muffins for breakfasts. With set calories for lunches and breakfasts I don't even have to think about it and only worry about dinner during the week. The more often I do this the faster it gets, I'm down to 2 hours total cooking and packing, including making beans from dry form.

Let me know if you have questions, I'm happy to help!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I cook enough veggies to eat two different kinds per day. I will usually buy a rotisserie chicken and I will buy some other type of protein to last throughout the week. I buy enough fruit to have one per day. I have started eating a little something before I work out in the morning so I will boil eggs for the week, eat cottage cheese and this week I made egg white muffins.
    The only thing I do not plan out is my dinner, but I have food on hand to cook or eat for dinner.
  • NateSamuel
    NateSamuel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    some people that have difficulty creating their own meal plans and ideas try diet plans such as this one https://tinyurl.com/l76ve97
    all skepticism aside, tons of people have been having great results with these kinds of things lately, give it some consideration, it could be for you. Plus it would make it easy to track your diet having a plan already laid out for you