Nervous about eating more?

Options
Alright, any of my friends on MFP can clearly see my average caloric intake daily is around 600 calories.
Many people tell me to eat more..but every time I eat about 1,000 calories I feel like I eat WAY too much and feel so guilty!
So...IS it eating too much? Or should I eat a little something extra to boost my caloric intake?
I'm so confused ;~;

Replies

• joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Alright, any of my friends on MFP can clearly see my average caloric intake daily is around 600 calories.
    Many people tell me to eat more..but every time I eat about 1,000 calories I feel like I eat WAY too much and feel so guilty!
    So...IS it eating too much? Or should I eat a little something extra to boost my caloric intake?
    I'm so confused ;~;

Eating 1000 is definitely NOT too much; it's still not enough! Aim for a net of at least 1200 calories. You won't gain weight. You won't gain weight. You won't gain weight. You won't gain weight.
  • earthboundsc
    earthboundsc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    you shouldn't be eating less than 1200 a day, especially of your exercising. At those low levels, your body thinks it is starving and it WILL hold on to the weight. I think you will find that you will lose weight quicker at the higher caloric intake. Just eat 5 to 6 small meals a day. You will be fine.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Honestly, while 1,000 isn't healthy, you also shouldn't be forcing you're self to doing something that doesn't feel right to you.. you need to listen to your body.

Try adding a 50-100 calories in each day until you reach your goal of eating more without feeling guilty. If these guilty feelings continue maybe trying seeing a therapist to talk out why you're feeling this way.
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    The best thing you can do to add on more calories is start eating breakfast regularly (I see that you're missing breakfast on your diary every day)... Even then you might not make 1200 but the fact that you're missing an entire meal isn't helping things!