Exercise and heel spurs

Options
treecroz
treecroz Posts: 61 Member
Ok everyone, I'm needing some assistance. I have been dealing with a heel spur since November and now I'm starting to gain back weight. I am doing 15 mins on stationary bike 4 times a week, plus I try to do body weight exercises but find that some like lunges aggravate my foot. Walking bothers it. I need some guidance to keep up a good workout routine without putting my foot at risk. Thanks

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Just eat a bit less. You can still lose weight without exercise.
  • debbieled12
    debbieled12 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    are you wearing any type of insoles? I also have heel pain (not sure if its a heel spur or not) and I bought insoles called walkfit orthotic insoles. they have been a huge help on my feet and able to go on long walks and do lunges and what not.
  • treecroz
    treecroz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    are you wearing any type of insoles? I also have heel pain (not sure if its a heel spur or not) and I bought insoles called walkfit orthotic insoles. they have been a huge help on my feet and able to go on long walks and do lunges and what not.

Yes I have some insoles but they are not the best. I bought them at Walmart. I need to find a routine of exercises that can help the heel and achieve my exercise goals. I do my exercises at home and have very little for exercise equipment. Really all I have is an old stationary bike.