LUNCH??

Options
Hi guys. Question, what would be an ideal meaty lunch meal for someone who is on a weight loss, strict diet plan?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    What foods are you allowed on your "strict" diet plan? Eat those... If you want a meaty lunch, pick the meaty options.

There is no "ideal" lunch. It would depend on what you like to eat, what you've already eaten, what you intend to eat later, what calories/macros you have to work with, how much you want to eat etc.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Salad and lots of meat. Chilli. Stew.
  • island_prodigy
    island_prodigy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Most days I eat meat with a salad - to make it easy I choose an already prepared meat from the grocery store, there are so many options these days. I live and work away from any city, so I buy my food on the weekends, I tend to choose some type of frozen grilled chicken because I like it, but just look around; there are other options. I pair it with a bagged, chopped salad, fruit and sometimes pretzels or Chex mix, etc! It fills me up and tastes satisfying. I tend to eat a little more than a serving of these items, and I do not necessarily use all the toppings that come with the salad; just what tastes good to me. I am in maintenance and spend about 500 calories on a healthy lunch, but this is also what I ate to lose.
  • avadahm
    avadahm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I like lunch for fiber and vitamins. I choose foods that will satisfy a lot of those goals (plus proteins on workout days) and then it's easier to finish up what's left over at dinner.

Greens, vitamin c (peppers), maybe an egg, fruits... all good choices. I would add carbs if I'll be working out in the afternoon.

I also don't like eating heavy until dinner, so that's why I like that route.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I generally eat leftovers from the previous night's dinner. It's already prepped and I know the calorie count so it's easy.