Dancing?

Options
Kitkatebar37
Kitkatebar37 Posts: 18 Member
edited May 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok so my question really is has anyone had major success with dancing as a big part of their workout/ weight loss? Not just Zumba, but just 30-60 minutes of just dancing around. I couldn't decide how I wanted to work out today. I'm really still at the beginning of my journey, so I tend to lean towards walking and beginner strength training. Today my little sister walked in and we ended up having a big dance party. Danced for a good 30 minutes. I realized after that I honestly felt like that 30 minutes of dancing was a better work out then power walking can be. I know I can't just dance to lose weight, but has anyone used just dancing and Zumba as their main form of cardio? (With strength training still included a couple days a week) just curious if I can replace walking/jogging with dancing.

Also, feel free to add me! I'm looking to make new friends on here :)

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    you can replace walking/jogging with anything you want. I started out doing just dance/zumba games on the wii and lost weight that way before I even started counting calories,but whatever activity you like to do,then do it.
  • yasmine_ah
    yasmine_ah Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    When I lost weight the first time about 5 years ago...(before I gained some back recently T_T ) I lost 50lbs almost completely from dancing+ strength training with the occasional yoga or different cardio workout just to switch it up. But zumba, just dance (the wii game) and learning hiphop dances from youtube were def the bulk, aside from the obvious watching how many calories I was eating part.

I think whatever cardio you're doing can be helpful, as long as you love doing it. If you like dancing, you're more likely to get up and actually do it. At least that's true for me :) Good luck!
  • EternalSnow627_
    EternalSnow627_ Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I know I can't just dance to lose weight,

Yes u can just dance to loose weight a few years ago I lost over 30 lbs from dancing without any other exercise. But it's like any other activity so if u put enough time in to it u will loose. I didn't strength train but even with that added in u will loose weight and be healthy so just do what cardio u like best