Aproaching the last few pounds

Options
Heyo (time and time again)

So Im actually trying to get some advice on my "game plan" for approaching my last few pounds to lose, or general thoughts.

Disclaimer: I know that with 5'9'' and 154lb I am already at a healthy BMI but I just wanna lose a few more pounds as I don't feel comfortable right now. (Note: I only recently got back to logging everything on MFP instead of paper)

Basically my plan is to continue with 1.2k cal (or well 1.2-1.3) and my current weekly workout (3days gym) and step goals to go down to 143lb and then start slowly upping my weekly calories to maintenance (mainly to not get overwhelmed by meal choices while keeping my protein up) and once I got maintenance on point w/o workout cals (still sceptic about the amount vivismart HR is giving me), getting into a an actual training routine and including excercise calories to recomp.

Any major flaws or things you'd do differently? Any personal experience on this? Would it be helpful to post my Garmin Connect Profile?

Cheers to constructive criticism :blush:

Replies

• joanner08
    joanner08 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I am also 5' 9" and looking to get to 140. I started at 158 and am now 149. We can support each other.
  • Sythfia
    Sythfia Posts: 28 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I don't know if this would be much of help. My personal exerperience, whenever I needed to get those last few pounds and it's not coming off, I adjust my calories, but not to go anymore in a deficit, I actually added more calories to see what would happen and to my surprise the weight was going down. Just try adjust your calories a little bit , sometimes your body needs more food to lose weight. Everybody is different though.

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Continue with your plan, but also take note of how long it takes you to lose these few pounds. Use that interval to decide the frequency of your checking your weight in maintenance so that you can decide whether to resume the calorie deficit or implement a calorie surplus.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Weigh and accurately track every item you consume, be consistent and stick to your calorie goal.