Diary advice

Options
I've only been at this for 2 days, and I'd like some diary advice since I know a lot of you could offer me tips when it comes to nutrition (my diary is open). Ideally I would like to eat 6 mini meals a day (yesterday was a good example of how I'd like to eat), but realistically life gets in the way sometimes (grad school is chaotic). Today, for example, I didn't have a chance to eat a mid morning snack so I clumped my mid morning snack and lunch together because I was so hungry!

Any diet suggestions/tips/advice would be greatly appreciated =P Thanks

Replies

• dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Carry a granola bar, protein bar or 100 calorie pack item with you.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I think it looks great! What do you have your macros set to? I never seem to get enough protein but you seem to do a great job! Sorry, I don't know what you weigh or what your goals are, so I don't know, but you don't look like you have much to lose, we have a good discussion going over here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/259476-not-that-heavy-girls-trying-to-lose-weight
    for "not that heavy girls" or those just trying to tone up and decrease body fat, so there is lots of experiements in diet and exercise if you want to join in!
  • Court2180
    Court2180 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bananas or any kind of hard fruit like an apple. I keep a stash of snacks at my desk for when I forget cold snacks like cheese or yogurt. The oats & chocolate Fiber One bars are awesome when I need something sweet!
  • dakuma21
    dakuma21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Due to grad school I always carry a cliff builders bar and a handful of almonds to keep me going between meals. Also, those packets you add to water for flavor, caffeine, protein, vitamins, etc. I always go through gum like no other.
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    why over 200 g of carbohydrate? that's nearly half of your caloric intake sometimes, I think. do you have sugar cravings?
  • TooFitToQuit
    Options
    I eat a lot of fruits & veggies (high in carbs). Is that so wrong?
  • Hirundo
    Hirundo Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Bump!