Really upset

Options

Replies

• PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I use to hate water too and now I drink 64-100oz of water every day! ICE COLD, BARELY COLD, ROOM TEMP OR DAY OLD! I DRINK WATER NOW! ITS GREAT!
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'd be discouraged, too!

What is your heartrate while you're doing cardio? Make sure your reaching your target heartrate. I pasted a chart and calculator below:

http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4736
    http://exercise.about.com/cs/fitnesstools/l/bl_THR.htm
    http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/assets/UVAHealth/ssi/includes/hrtrate.html#zone
    http://www.stevenscreek.com/goodies/hr.shtml

Hope something here helps!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    WATER here i come thank you all i hope it works idk if i can drink 8 cups a day but i sure will try

YOU CAN DOOOOOO IT! :laugh:

your baby is beautiful BTW! :flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Wait, before we jump to any conclusions, lets see if we can find out if we think you have the correct goals for what you want to do.

If you feel comfortable with it give us your numbers, Height, Weight, and estimated daily activity level, and if you have any conditions that could effect your metabolism (that you know of). Then give us your goal (2 lbs a week, 1 lb a week...etc). With these numbers we can see a general picture of where you are, and maybe why you aren't loosing.
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    Absolutley cut out the pop and drink your water. you need the water to flush out the toxins in your blood and it it helps with digestion and to move your bowels. If you are not doing this you will not lose weight. I hate water too and it is a stretch for me to get it all in most days. Try putting a little lemon in it or mint (use fresh leaves). Something to flavour it with will make it much easier to drink. And put some ice in it. The ice will force your body to use energy to warm up its core temp and therefore it will help burn calories. Green and herbal teas are good but you shouldn't replace most of your water intake with them. Try and drink non caffinated teas as caffien will dehydrate you.

Good luck and keep up with your workouts. you will buils a little muscle first and muscle weighs more than fat. The weight will start to drop eventually.
  • coliechacer
    Options
    ok this is hard and the scale is like always around and my boyfriend is skinny and has all these snacks laying around the house and he tells me to have self control ugh
  • weesel80
    weesel80 Posts: 186
    Options
    First off, breath. It's not going to come off overnight, as much as we would all like it too!!:laugh: Make sure you are drinking your water. Cannot emphasize this enough. Get in your exercise everyday. Are you estimating your calories burned, or do you have a heart rate monitor? If you are estimating, maybe you are going over and eating more calories than you should be for your weight loss goals. Also, really be honest with yourself about what you are eating. Every little thing that goes in your mouth that has calories, needs to be logged. Also, if you are eating high sodium foods and not drinking water, you could be retaining water weight.

Just take it one day at a time and the rest will fall into place!:flowerforyou:

109912.png
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I try to eat all my exercise calories---I overestimate my intake and underestimate my exercise calories--and may have 200-300 to spare but never drop below 1400-cals/day--and everybody aroudn me is "starving" on thier diets--I am eating (healthier yes)--but I lost the most weight this month. I too HATE HATE HATE :sick: water--I drink 4 glasses a day then sprite zero mixed with pomegranate juice and one cup of milk on my cereal (which I count as liquid) 8 total glasses of liquid a day.

This will work!!! Don't give up!:flowerforyou:
    123504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    it took me almost 3 weeks to lose my first lb here. Everyone is different, some lose 8lbs their first week, others lose nothing. Stick with it, it'll happen.
  • unique
    Options
    hey colie ~

The rule of thumb for weight loss is 1 pound per week. I think that is an average, so don't lose hope so soon! BTW, drink your water by just carrying a water bottle everywhere and sip constantly. You won't notice it going in ~ what you will notice is suddenly needing to know where all the rest rooms are LOL! You won't notice the taste. If you hate water, buy a bottled kind that tastes better to you.

Good luck!:bigsmile:

142036.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    i dont have a measuring tape and i wouldnt know were to measure ? I will try drinking more water if your guys think that will help

Great post on the how-to's of measuring floating around... a tape measure at a fabric store would probably be found for less than $2 perhaps a Dollar Store you could find them for $1

YUP water is THAT important...also a couple great water articles floating around the threads today:drinker:

Don't give up....our bodies need time to adjust when we go from eating crap to eating healthy...you'll see a number of posts from time to time on just what you shared on not seeing the lbs. drop off quickly or much at the beginning, but keep up the water in whatever way you can , yes, it IS simply THAT VITAL to a healthy body and losing weight!:bigsmile: :drinker: :heart: :drinker:

FC:heart:

Hon, check out what Banks shared on his post to you...that may really help you out by figuring what you're doing now vs. what you might be able to change up a bit. I think he goes by SBoss (?) now his post is a page or so back...:wink:
  • coliechacer
    Options
    Thank you all and for the guy that asked my height i am 5'1 and 171lbs i work out 5 times a week for about 90 mins a day and i always take care of my son witch i am running around the house a lot so i am very active. I think water just might do it I just have to stick to it. Its so hard. But congrats to all of you losing lbs hopefully my time will come soon!!!!!
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    Wait, before we jump to any conclusions, lets see if we can find out if we think you have the correct goals for what you want to do.

If you feel comfortable with it give us your numbers, Height, Weight, and estimated daily activity level, and if you have any conditions that could effect your metabolism (that you know of). Then give us your goal (2 lbs a week, 1 lb a week...etc). With these numbers we can see a general picture of where you are, and maybe why you aren't loosing.

I agree. Water is important, but it may only be part of the solution. With the information given as suggested, you could get some helpful tips on caloric intake and exercise duration and intensity. Intensity is an important component, low intensity exercise just doesn't burn calories like you think it might.
  • fjtcjt
    Options
    Thank you all and for the guy that asked my height i am 5'1 and 171lbs i work out 5 times a week for about 90 mins a day and i always take care of my son witch i am running around the house a lot so i am very active. I think water just might do it I just have to stick to it. Its so hard. But congrats to all of you losing lbs hopefully my time will come soon!!!!!

What type of exercise are you doing for 90 mins? Do you know what your heart rate is during this time?
  • coliechacer
    Options
    My goals was to lose 2lbs a week but that hasnt happened yet and i do have asthma so sometimes when i work out to hard i end up having a atack. I try to keep my heart rate around 155 165
  • coliechacer
    Options
    i do 35min tredmil up hill speed 3.5 and then i do 25 on the elliptical. Then i do 10 min abs then i pick like one day i do leg strength trainer and then the next i do legs
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/38965-the-how-to-of-taking-body-measurements

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/36747-water-the-wild-card-to-weight-loss

Here ya go these articles can help ya out a bit I imagine:flowerforyou: there are many many more great articles but thought since you mentioned you didn't know how to measure and mentioned water as well they might be benifical to start out:drinker:

FC:heart:
  • coliechacer
    Options
    thank you
  • fjtcjt
    Options
    Sounds like you have a good exercise routine.

Are you sure your calories are not too high? You should see results fairly quick if your calories are on target. You should lose around 1 lb for every 3500 calorie deficit (depending on fat lost and muscle gained). Keep up the hard work, it will pay off.

Some of your calories may need to be "cleaner". Less sugar, bread....
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    thank you
    you're very welcome colie:happy: