One week from a year long journey......

Options
imbailey78
imbailey78 Posts: 18 Member
edited May 2017 in Success Stories
So first off if someone could tell me how to post pictures that would be cool have before/after pics that are truly impressive to me as I sit back tonight and reminisce. June 1st 2016 is when I started my weight loss journey. There's a lot to tell about this story and it has been one long tough year not do to the dieting and exercising but due to the death of my grandmother and my father within two weeks of each other in early November. I will go further into that in the future but as of right now I am 1 week away from as some may say a moment of clarity. So again tell me how to post some pictures and as of right now I will give you my stats.

6/1/16: 441lbs.
6/1/16: size 54 pants
6/1/16: size 5-6xl t-shirt

5/15/17: 295 lbs.
5/15/17: size 42 pants
5/15/17: size 2xl t-shirt

Now the first six months I lost 80lbs. Just by cleaning up my diet and eating fresh food and drinking plenty of water instead of fast food and soda. There's a lot more to the story like I say I kind of fell off the eating healthy habit before the holidays. I had a great friend move in with me and she was going through some hard times as well as me. See my father was diabetic and he lost his leg due to the diabetes 6 years prior. During the 6-year time frame he had around 20 surgeries from losing eyesight in one eye bypass after bypass on his good leg partial removal of one of his lung a heart attack and so on and so on. Sorry if this sounds grammatically incorrect I am voice to text right now. Anyways my father passed away November 15th 2016 at the age of 62 and I miss him. He always used to get on my case about my case and told me how I need lose some pounds. Luckily he got to see me 80 pounds less before he passed. If Only He Could See Me Now. Sorry now I am a wreck I'll go on later.

Sorry I needed a minute to whoever read this. Okay the holidays came and went and I went into a serious case of depression and anxiety. For a long story short I found myself in the month of January ten pounds heavier. All I thought is that my father would kill me if he was still here. So beginning of February I went to the gym and then the next day I went to the gym then the next day I went to the gym. Do something for 21 days and it becomes a habit so they say. Will it did 21 days later and as I was losing weight again I was wondering why it wasn't coming off like it should because I was working hard at it. That's what I downloaded the MyFitnessPal app. I started March at 355 lbs. And this app open my eyes to a new world. 60 pounds later I now see the little things in life that you put in your mouth that add up hour after hour day after day. See I am a chef so I know how to cook and previously before the app I would cook my protein and vegetables and put olive oil all over it then I found out those veggies that I am thinking are healthy for me have about 600 calories worth of oil on them. So I will never go back to not counting my calories and exercising daily I feel and look like a new person it is unbelievable to me still and it's a total mind blowing experience.

Replies

• imbailey78
    Options
    And as of right now I feel like there is no way I cannot succeed. I will lose 200 pounds I will be in the best shape of my life and my 36 birthday is in 3 weeks.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    *speechless* let me pick my jaw up off of the floor
  • poppysierra
    poppysierra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Oh wow look at you. Keep going ........ and well done!
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Nicely done!
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Incredibly impressive and inspiring job! YAY! Keep up the good work!
  • pennygm72
    pennygm72 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    What a difference! You are absolutely right, you can and will succeed, well done!
  • Austex_Egger
    Austex_Egger Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Way to go! No doubt you'll reach your goals!!
  • shakenbake57
    shakenbake57 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Fflpnari wrote: »

Ditto!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,948 Member
    Options
    Your Pops is proud of you. Well done. :)
  • imbailey78
    Options
    Your Pops is proud of you. Well done. :)
    thank you I know he would be
  • imbailey78
    Options
    That is awesome! Way to go! No doubt you'll reach your goals!!

Never goinh to stop we'll see how far this goes. Crazy idea of counting calories who would have thunk. Wish they tought us better in school.
  • imbailey78
    Options
    naomillion wrote: »
    Incredibly impressive and inspiring job! YAY! Keep up the good work!

definitely will keep it up
  • imbailey78
    Options
    pennygm72 wrote: »
    What a difference! You are absolutely right, you can and will succeed, well done!

thankyou
  • imbailey78
    Options
    Fflpnari wrote: »

:)
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your father. He would be very proud of you. Keep up the great work!
  • imbailey78
    Options
    cbl40 wrote: »
    I'm so sorry about your father. He would be very proud of you. Keep up the great work!

thankyou very much will continue to work hard
  • lorabelllee
    lorabelllee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your father and your grandmother. I lost my dad in 2015 so I know a little about how you feel. You look amazing and it is obvious that you are very dedicated and you WILL succeed. Your dad would be very proud of all you have accomplished. Keep up the good work..we are all cheering you on!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!