Is 5'5 and a goal weight of 110 bad?

Options
Started at 120, at 115, wanting 110. I have a curvy body type. Flat stomach, but wide hips. I've been trying to slim down my thighs/hips, and I'm so close to looking how I want, but 110 is low for my BMI . I could always gain weight if I feel like I look too skinny.

Replies

• cheriej2042
    cheriej2042 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I agree with what previous post says and would also say to consider if it's feasible for you to maintain that weight. I'm 5'4 curvy and at 110 I looked terrible and could not maintain it. It sounds like from what you said you want to reshape or slim down your thighs and you may be able to do that without losing more weight. I would focus more on achieving the look you want versus a number that may not achieve anything.
  • pwrlipstick
    pwrlipstick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    If you have 'wide' hips at 115lbs then that is most likely the actual bones which you can do nothing about.

Recomp to tighten up would probably be a better idea than fixating on scale weight.

Absolutely seconding this. The scale is lying liar many times. I am very curvy and started out at 107 lbs at 5'4", so, fairly close to your stats. My waist was 26" and my hips/butt 36". I am now fifteen lbs heavier with a 24" waist, and my hips completely slimmed down, but 38", due to glute hypertrophy. Focus on recomping for the body you want rather than just cutting down to a low weight.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    What’s your frame size? http://www.myfooddiary.com/Resources/frame_size_calculator.asp

I'm 1.5 inches taller than you. I have a large frame and my family would be doing an intervention if I got down into the 140s.

However, I've had Asian, small frame, coworkers about your height who were fine at your goal weight.

As others have said, lifting weights might get you to your goal look better than losing weight.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    "Frames" is bro science.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Wrong thread! Move along, nothing to see here......
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I would think 125 to 140 would be a much healthier weight, but perhaps if you're a very young teen or have very small bones, 110 might possibly not be as underweight as it sounds.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If you have 'wide' hips at 115lbs then that is most likely the actual bones which you can do nothing about.

Recomp to tighten up would probably be a better idea than fixating on scale weight.

This^

Once upon a time I was 5'5" and 106 pounds. My face looked super skinny (ugh) but I still had fat legs because my body type is pear shaped. Instead of weight loss (because you can't dictate where fat loss comes from anyway) look into shaping your body.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    My mom had a thyroid condtion as a teen and was 115 pounds at 5'9".

She still wore size 13 jeans at that weight, because of the width of her hips. If you have wide hips, you're not going to shrink them, because that's not fat, that's bones.