Max's Super Bowl Observations

Options
Maximus
Maximus Posts: 12,256 Member
1. The Cardinals should have a red stripe in the center of their helmet. Current helmet looks like a big marshmellow.

2. Bob Costa's hair - dude, let it gray naturally!

3. Female sideline reporters - look, if you're going to ask stupid questions on the sideline, could you at least do it wearing a bikini?

4. John Madden's best comment - "The team that scores the most points usually wins."

5. Bruce Springsteen - Good show, Bruce, but how did you become such an icon with only a few #1 hits?

6. Jennifer Hudson and Faith Hill - Nice pipes but neither can compare to the hotness of Jewel when she sang a few years ago.

7. Danica Patrick in the shower - Yeah, I went to godaddy.com and watched the unrated version. Schwing!

8. Budwiser Clidesdale commercials - Sappy. Not good

9. Miller Lite 1-second commercial - did anyone see it? Not me.

10. Etrade baby - still funniest bit out there.

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    #3 dry.gif
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    #3 dry.gif

Are you surprised??? wait.gif
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    #3 dry.gif

Are you surprised??? wait.gif

Not at all. I'm just surprised it wasn't #1 on the list.
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Didn't watch, :bigsmile: but I heard the clip of Jennifer Hudson doing the anthem and she does have a wonderful voice, but it irks me when people have to hold each note for at least 5 seconds. :huh: Just sing the darn song. :ohwell:

Have also seen some of the commercials and I'm officially tired of every advertiser thinking it's okay to make men look like morons. It's tired and a cheap shot. :angry:

The end! :bigsmile:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

4. John Madden's best comment - "The team that scores the most points usually wins."

Very informative! I had no idea!

I think he is now an animatronic robot. :indifferent:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I liked the Potato Head commercial....not sure what it was even advertising but it was cute!:bigsmile:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    I liked the Potato Head commercial....not sure what it was even advertising but it was cute!:bigsmile:

LOL, yeah, you're right! What were they advertising?

Bridgestone Tires.
  • tashjs21
    Options

LOL, yeah, you're right! What were they advertising?

Bridgestone Tires.

What do I win for paying attention?? :happy:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I preferred Tom Petty's performance last year. Bruce didn't sing "Born in the U.S.A. and I can't forgive him for that!

I liked the ABC "Heroes, Medium, Chuck" commercial and it got me excited for tonight's shows!

The 3-D thing sucked. There were like two things that were actually cool and nothing else wowed me at all!

I did like the Potato Head commercial with the "angry eyes" :laugh:

Jame's Harrisons thighs reminded me of those huge, dinosaur sized chicken legs Fred Flinstone would eat!! :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    My observation .....
    Steelers won...:happy:
  • tashjs21
    Options
    Roethlisberger...probably the longest name I have ever seen on a jersey. :noway:
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I felt the sexual overtones in most of the commercials were way to strong. Last time I checked watching the Super Bowl was a family activity. I had to ask my kids to leave every time the commercials came on. Won't be watching next year...
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I now think I'm 20-1 on my "guessing who'll win" :happy: Great game, better than last years! And I couldn't help but wonder what would have happened to the half time show if the camera man had moved as Bruce slid up to him :huh:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    I now think I'm 20-1 on my "guessing who'll win" :happy: Great game, better than last years! And I couldn't help but wonder what would have happened to the half time show if the camera man had moved as Bruce slid up to him :huh:

Hey Megan!!!! :smooched:

Looking good! :flowerforyou: