whole milk?

Options
hey, just wanted to know if drinking one cup of whole milk was okay if im trying to lose weight...i've tried almond and soy milk before, but i wanna know what's wrong with whole milk other then the fat? one cup a day wont hurt my weight loss goal, right? what are ur thoughts? and those who are losing weight, do you drink whole milk? if not, why? lol (: thnx in advance....

Replies

• MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Whole milk is fine as long as it's within your calorie goal
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I don't drink whole milk because salmon, whole eggs, butter, cheese, nuts, nut butter and avocado.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you like it and it fits into your calories, drink it. I grew up drinking 2% milk so that's what I still use.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    That is the good thing about counting calories... You don't have to eliminate anything, you just have to fit it into your calorie goal. I only buy whole milk. I don't drink milk, my kids do, but I do use It for cereal and oatmeal and smoothies and whatever.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I don't drink whole milk because salmon, whole eggs, butter, cheese, nuts, nut butter and avocado.

Ditto. Nothing wrong with whole milk but I'd rather get my fat elsewhere.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    My kids drink whole milk, I'll drink it warm if I can't sleep, but otherwise not my drink of choice.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    OP you have to stop thinking of some foods as "bad" or "not good" or a detriment to losing weight. If you just read a little more in the forums, you'll see that if it fits in your calorie goal then you can eat whatever the *kitten* you want.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Does. It. Fit. Your. Calories. That's all that matters for weight loss. No food is good or bad on its own.

I suggest you read the excellent answers you got in your threads asking similar questions about peanut butter, fruit, and carbs. The answer is the same, and you have heard it over, and over.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I drink whole milk. I use almond milk in my smoothies though. I just can not drink skim milk in coffee/tea or cereal :confounded:
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Whole's good. Fat's good.

Really. You can lose weight nicely with a realistic understanding of your body's nutritional macro needs.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm someone who dislikes drinking calories, but if I didn't have an issue with that I'd probably drink milk sometimes, and whole if it was my milk of choice.

As it is I like other forms of dairy (greek yogurt, regular yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese, butter) and at the moment full fat fits best in my macros and fits my calories, so.

You just need to decide if it fits in your preferred way of eating and is worth the calories to you.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I don't use whole milk myself as I've never liked it and I pretty much stick to the mantra if I don't like it I don't consume it.

I will have semi-skimmed or skimmed milk in tea or cereal. Can you fit it in your daily calorie allowance? Then go for it.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    Options
    syousaf571 wrote: »
    hey, just wanted to know if drinking one cup of whole milk was okay if im trying to lose weight...i've tried almond and soy milk before, but i wanna know what's wrong with whole milk other then the fat? one cup a day wont hurt my weight loss goal, right? what are ur thoughts? and those who are losing weight, do you drink whole milk? if not, why? lol (: thnx in advance....

Just an observation, but you've popped up a couple of times now asking if it's ok to eat certain foods. For weight loss it's ok to eat whatever food you like if it fits your calories, for nutrition you should ideally be trying to get a good balance of macro & micro nutrition too but that's something you can work towards over time.

You lose weight by being in calorie deficit not by eating certain food types. I personally don't drink whole milk, because I don't like it.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I don't drink it anymore because it is too high calorie for me. One glass is 150cal..

I used to drink half litre a day or more my whole life. But I didn't eat much so was still slim. I can't eat that little anymore after I quit smoking.

So now I use almond milk in my cereal or porridge and don't drink cold milk anymore.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I occasionally have a glass of milk with dinner, I try not to drink it too often because whole milk is high in calories, but I only drink water so occasionally its nice to have a big glass of milk.

OP I see alot of people commenting that you are posting asking if its okay to eat certain foods. Do you want a diet or a lifestyle? If you want this to be your lifestyle DONT cut out foods that you enjoy eating, just learn to enjoy them in moderation and not over eat. If you want to drink a glass of milk every day for the rest of your life, then do it. No food is good or bad.
  • syousaf571
    syousaf571 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Lol okay understood everybody! Thnx (: