Just starting

Options
Hi, my name is Valerie I have a goal to lose 50+ pounds. I've decided I'm going to start running, something I have always hated. I alway start working out and dieting with good intentions and eventually give up. Looking for tips on running and maybe some motivation to keep going on a new healthy lifestyle.

Replies

• MonishaB2017
    MonishaB2017 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    a few years ago I lost 190 lbs. I started by walking, then over the course of a few months, began jogging/walking. There were always days that I felt like not doing it, but I always reminded myself that once I was finished I always felt amazing! I always had to keep that feeling in the back of my mind to keep me going. Good luck! :smile:
  • gt0186b
    gt0186b Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm starting off walking as well. I hope as I lose weight, I will be able to start jogging again. I've had several knee injuries and jogging isn't possible at my current weight.
  • Acebreezy_
    Acebreezy_ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Glad to see your starting off right. Remember to take it slow and be consistent. We're all here rooting for you on your journey!

• ValPick91
    ValPick91 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone and congratulations 190 is absolutely amazing!
  • island_prodigy
    island_prodigy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Aloha Valerie! Remember, this is about you and how you're taking initiative. You can do this! Begin your sessions with daily walks and light exercises. I am on a cardio program which consist of remedial circuit exercises. It's early for me, but I'm having a blast! Good luck.
  • 105pixie105
    105pixie105 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Gosh I love running! If you can make it a habit, it will really help your weight loss! I run most days, add me :)
  • tiereereid7806
    tiereereid7806 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do it. You're in the right place. This is your season.