If you have switched from Weight Watchers to calorie counting only, what made you switch?

Options
KM0692
KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
What made you decide to quit WW? I am *still* torn between the two. I know that I eat healthier on WW, but I also feel restricted (1/4 of my daily points on a 150 calorie granola bar??). I don't have a huge amount of weight to lose, but it would be nice to get it off one way or another. :)

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If any of you are interested in the wedly accountability thing I've a weekly weigh in group here http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/118368-friday-weigh-ins-2017

Although it's called Friday weigh ins, the thread is open all week in case people have another preferred weigh in day and I have a progress thread in which I post stats for the month - Weight/Target Weight and Total Lost/Maintained/Gained.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    *weekly.
  • DapperDassie
    DapperDassie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Literally the only thing I miss about weight watchers is the acknowledgment. It's really nice having someone congratulate you for losing .002 lbs haha and it was nice getting the stickers and having them clap for you. But not worth it just for that.
  • sallyallison906
    sallyallison906 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I gained half a stone using WW. I found the programme far too restrictive and again, like others, would overeat. I was very successful with Slimming World but having moved I don't rate the consultant in my area. So I have returned to MFP
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I did WW 6 years ago and switched to MFP a year later, I just find MFP easier (and cheaper), the main thing that helped me with WW was keeping a food diary and I do that here (I also always felt alot hungrier on WW). Basically do what works best for you. I prefers MFP's flexibility and the community is great. :)
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Mostly money. But also because of the mfp app being so awesome. I would not like the new points system either
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it and I won't be based on what I've read about it. I don't understand not logging fruit and I would be wierded out by getting weighed in public. Plus the economic side of it. I like freedom to choose what I eat.
  • briohne128
    briohne128 Posts: 176 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I used to go to Slimming World so very similar. I stopped going cause I had abuse from other people who went, saying I was too skinny to be there, it also got pretty pricey and I way prefer just using MyFitnessPal (I've lost a lot more weight just using MyFitnessPal aswell!). I also hated the public weighing & people fake cheering and clapping :lol: I still buy Slimming World frozen meals as some of them are super tasty! I also buy Weightwatchers cheesecakes and they are the BEST! 2 for £1.00 at Iceland :smile:
  • bluebell88xx
    bluebell88xx Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I found WW was getting expensive for me personally. Also I didn't like being restricted so much with my points - like you say almost being punished for having a 150 calorie granola bar. However I will admit I lost a stone on WW but I am doing just as well calorie counting on MyFitnessPal. The data base is so good on here I feel its just as effective if not better.
  • Jriggs46615
    Jriggs46615 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on WW in several years, but for me, I felt like I didn't truly learn anything. (Ex: I have two seemingly comparable foods in front of me. One is 4 points, and one is six. OK, but WHY? WHY is one 2 points more? That tells me absolutely nothing about making it in the real world.)

I've only been on MFP for a little over a month, but already, I feel as though I've learned so much by seeing the calories and other macros displayed in front of me. It really has made all the difference for me.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Way back in 2013 I switched because the meetings were useless and rather than weigh in once a week and pay $13.00/wk with no knowledge of CICO (in detail anyway) I joined a weight loss challenge group here and got the same thing for free (plus more chatting and learning which I love)