Options
124»

Replies

• jwilk241
    jwilk241 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    jwilk241 wrote: »
    I'd just stick with water and make sure she's getting the nutrients from foods. Leafy greens are great for calcium; beans, avocados, and nuts are great for fats, chicken, fish, nuts, and beans for protein; good old fashioned sunlight for Vitamin D. Eggs yolks and fatty fish are also great for Vitamin D. It takes a little more effort to get them all the things they need but it's not impossible. Personally I won't be giving my kids milk because they have cow proteins and naturally occurring hormones that aren't meant for humans so I've done a good amount of research on the topic.

Sorry but just no.... milk is not harmful (unless there is an allergy or intolerance). Lots of fake science out there that unfortunately people don't know how to tune out

Mammals producing certain proteins and hormones meant specifically for their young is not fake science. We can agree to disagree.

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Isn't your child a very young infant? I would think that formulas designed for babies with milk allergies would be the way to go. Something like almond milk would seem to have very little nutritional value at that stage, IMO. Maybe I'm missing something here.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Isn't your child a very young infant? I would think that formulas designed for babies with milk allergies would be the way to go. Something like almond milk would seem to have very little nutritional value at that stage, IMO. Maybe I'm missing something here.

In her first post she says "when they're old enough to drink milk." She's planning ahead for the future, not asking for today.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

In her first post she says "when they're old enough to drink milk." She's planning ahead for the future, not asking for today.

Ah,. Missed that part. Thank you.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

This.

Ah,. Missed that part. Thank you.

No problem. But yes we have to buy special formula now. I'm pretty sure liquid gold would be cheaper lol.
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My eldest won't drink anything but cow milk. But my toddler love cashew milk its creier than almond I'll never buy almond again