Wanted: New friends to share support with on our weight loss journeys!

Options
Hello MFP pals! My name is Ruth. I'm 39 (Yikes!) and have been here off and on since 2011. I've tried a ton of different strategies to lose weight - low carb, low calorie, etc etc.. without much success until this past January I decided to simplify things and just eat less and move more. I got a gym membership and started out on the treadmill. I watched what I ate and quit drinking my calories. Since then I've met with a trainer and started a strength training regimen. I've lost over 50 lbs so far but I still have a long way to go. In the past couple of weeks I've hit a slump of sorts. I haven't lost any weight (trainer said that would happen as muscle replaces fat plus he bumped up my calories a bit) but it's still discouraging. I'd love to add some new friends who are on similar journeys to encourage and support each other. Please feel free to send me a request!

Replies

• CatMoore1977
    CatMoore1977 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello would love to add you as a friend. I'm 39 as well and have been doing this on and off for quite awhile myself. I am inspired by the fitness aspect but haven't started that myself, curious how the progress goes!!
  • mazblondie
    mazblondie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I am happy to be added as a friend. I am new to the app although I have been losing weight for a year (89 lbs down 40 to go) Add me if you are still looking for partners ;)