Need to loose 30lbs!

Options
I'm nearly 5'3 and weight way to much for my height. I need to loose 30lbs and I'm finding it so hard! Anyone in the same situation as me? I have lost weight and relapsed so many times on my own I just need some help!

Replies

• halizabeth
    halizabeth Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i need to lose 30 more pounds..... my problem is the "calories in" are too high....... why I eat too many calories is the real problem. I weight and portion and log!! I communicate online and in person with others in the same boat to keep focus so I don't gain and hopefully continue to lose!! Good luck to you!!
  • Salecca
    Salecca Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How much do you currently weigh?
  • jesusx3g13
    jesusx3g13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    What helps for me is to never give up. I would eat healthy and exercise for a couple days and then one day I would eat too much and then give up.

Until one day I promised myself I would never give up even if I had one bad day or week. Soon those couple days turned into couple weeks of eating good and exercising and then into months. Im not going to lie sometimes I feel like giving up but I still keep going even if I ate bad for one meal I would still exercise and make sure the rest of my meals were healthy.

Just keep trying no matter how many times you relapse. Feel free to add me.
  • missvalentine25
    missvalentine25 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Salecca wrote: »
    How much do you currently weigh?

I'm at 163lbs at the moment
  • Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Let me ask, what are you doing so far as far as diet and exercise?
  • calebmatthew38
    calebmatthew38 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've recently started meal prepping and find it super helpful. All you need is a couple hours free, and you can cook every breakfast and lunch for the next week. I do mine on Sunday. For right now, focus on your calorie intake. Find out what you need you need to maintain your weight. http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html use this as a resource. Once you find out what that is, subtracts 500 from that number. If you consume that amount of calories every day, in 30 weeks you SHOULD reach your goal. Subtract 1000 and you can cut that in half to 15 weeks. I would advise not doing anything less due to health factors. I've also provided a meal that I prepared for myself for work. You want a good balance of carbs, protein, and fat while keeping your calories low. Meal prepping makes it wayyyy easier. I don't have to worry about what I'm going to have to "find" that is healthy while I'm at work. I can run to the Chinese place next door and hope that what I order has X amount of calories in it, or I can take a little time out of one day of the week, and make sure I don't go hungry.

Also, treat yourself. If you are under your net calorie goal and can afford to eat a cookie, do it. As long as you're getting your nutrients and staying under your calorie goal, indulge yourself without overindulging yourself.

If you mess up, don't worry. It's not a daily thing, it's a weekly thing. You need -7,000 cals from your maintenance cals a week for 2 lbs lost a week. If you mess up, don't give up. When you have a flat tire, you don't slash the other 3. You fix it and keep moving forward.

P.S. I add cinnamon sugar to my carrots in this meal I provided. It adds like 10 calories and a ton of great taste.

GOOD LUCK!
  • lucyhross
    lucyhross Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 20 and from the UK. Currently 176lb and aiming for 145lbs but want more accountability! Always happy to help :)
    I'm nearly 5'3 and weight way to much for my height. I need to loose 30lbs and I'm finding it so hard! Anyone in the same situation as me? I have lost weight and relapsed so many times on my own I just need some help!

• gjm96
    gjm96 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I recently rejoined and need friends for motivation! I'm determined to do this right
  • jjwilson_sowers
    jjwilson_sowers Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yesss!!!! I'm 5'1 at 170lbs. Would love to get down to 135. Trying to lose weight before November (I'm trying on wedding dresses!!) Add me!!
  • gem1804
    gem1804 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me could do with more friends for motivation, sharing diaries and tips x
  • CarterSC
    CarterSC Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey! im trying to eventually lose 30 too (in long term). im 5 foot, 146 pounds. My short term goal is 20 punds hopefully in next 6 months. Ive been trying to conceive for over 2 yrs so im hoping getting more healthy will help the cause. Having extra accountability couldnt hurt!!
  • micsheltone
    micsheltone Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely look up intermittent fasting, only been doing it for a week and lost about 1 pound a day. And don't let it fool ya, it's completely healthy for you. You'll of course lose more with some cardio!
  • CarterSC
    CarterSC Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i was just reading up on intermittent fasting yesterday. I just started take thyroid meds first thing in morning and have to wait to eat so waiting a little longer will prob help me absorb more of my meds. Im def going to try it out.
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm also 5'3" and have 30 more to lose! :):):)
  • missvalentine25
    missvalentine25 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Definitely look up intermittent fasting, only been doing it for a week and lost about 1 pound a day. And don't let it fool ya, it's completely healthy for you. You'll of course lose more with some cardio!

Thank you I will look at that, anything to make this process go a little faster!