45 yrs old new here and looking for friends to keep me motiv

Options
Hi,
I'm 45 and on the journey to loose weight. I've tried numerous times and haven't had much luck. The difference this time is that I am determined to succeed this time. I have lost 5 lbs in the past month. I think I've lost more but I'm a little nervous to weigh myself because I will be so bummed if I haven't lost anymore weight. I've been working hard (doing cardio twice a day, weights 4 days a week) I've been eating right, watching my portions and stopped drinking soda. I hope to meet others on here with the same determination and goals to help keep me motivated. Let's take this journey together! :happy:

Replies

• LeeLynnP
    LeeLynnP Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    add me lady! Ill keep ya company!
  • ybelen
    ybelen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It is a life style not a diet.
    Make the right choices 80% (at least) and the results will follow!!!

You can and will do it!!!!!!!!!
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you like. As long as your honest with your tracking, you will do awesome!
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Add me as well if you wish. I am here for the long haul. Many pounds to go. Welcome btw!
  • LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    This is a great site!! You meet so many people who are all on the same journey! Good luck-I friend requested you!!:smile:
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    sending you a friend request. :)
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Debi, I'm 45 as well :drinker:
    Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • Goal4Good
    Goal4Good Posts: 115
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. We are close in age and I too exercise heavily, strength train and track those calories daily. We can support each other. Its harder to lose at this stage of life but its not impossible if you want it bad enough!
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lori. I"m 43 and I've been on here about a month, and lost 12 pounds so far.
    Welcome~
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Always be honest with yourself... which means LOG EVERYTHING you eat... whether you want to or not... not logging it doesn't mean you didn't eat it but it does mean that you'll wonder later (months) what happened there when you didn't lose.

Good luck! Add me if you'd like...
  • sssullivan6
    sssullivan6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm there with ya! I'm 46 and having a very hard time keeping on track this summer!! PLEASE add me! I'll try to motivate you if you try to motivate me! What's the saying.."It takes a Village"? WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • Daliramire
    Daliramire Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi Tina Im 49 (yep the big 50 next year). The weight seems to creep on quicker as we are getting older. My hubby wants to take me on a holiday next July for the big 50 so damn it, I want to go somewhere warm so I can wear bathers... and I will. I would love to add you as a friend if you want to.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :happy:
  • Wisawobby
    Wisawobby Posts: 15
    Options
    You can add me, I just started today and need to keep motivated!
  • milbits
    milbits Posts: 1
    Options
    Add me too -I'm 54 and I've just joined today. We can do it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard; im glad u decided to join us here at mfp. im here to help u while u are here to help me . so lets do this togeather. nice to have as a friend. u can add me if u want.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi I just turned 46 last month and I'm on here every day. Be glad to be your friend and help motivate you:) You can do this!! Also don't forget to take measurments because if the scale let's you down and you are working hard, you are bound to have results somewhere:)
  • MicMar66
    MicMar66 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP. I sent you a friend request.
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I sent you a friend request. I'm almost 46 and I've been on here for 4 months. Lost 50 lbs 2 years ago on my own and kept it off. Signed up here to get the final 25+/- off. Sign in every day, record ALL of your food, and read the posts (and respond when you're ready). There is a LOT of info on these boards! Enjoy!
  • gigipamw
    gigipamw Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm also 45. You are more than welcome to add me. I am needing motivation too as I have put back on 10 pounds and so now have about 20 to lose!:smile: