Hi!

Options
bgonzalez1925
bgonzalez1925 Posts: 16 Member
edited May 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi my name is Blanca and I have started my fitness journey! My goal is to loose 40 pounds since I wasn't able to loose them after my son's birth. I'm pretty sure some ladies can relate to my struggle. The hardest part of this journey thus far is the food :( I can't eat the stuff I used too like pizza, burgers, ice cream, etc.... I have also cut my calorie intake and have seen little weight loss so far...except on my cheat day I seem to gain at least half a pound.. Before I had my son I was a gym rat ( going to the gym 6 days a week sometimes 2x a day) and clean eating health nut... but that changed after I became pregnant .. I was eating everything and that's how I gained 40 pounds. Now, that I am able to start exercising I am motivated to go back to the way I was and start eating healthy again. At my heaviest I was 218, currently I'm at 188 my goal it to go down to 145lbs. I think fitness and being healthy is important in the long run. Looking for friends from all walks of life! :):#

Replies

• fightforitmp
    fightforitmp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Blanca :smile:

I can relate... I love pizza and sweets :neutral: I have a hard time staying away at times .. It's hard but you can do it, good luck!
  • bgonzalez1925
    Options
    I have a hard time too :'( but it's possible, every now and then I might sneak a starburst or 2 lol
  • BigBrownPhD
    BigBrownPhD Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi Blanca! Welcome! I totally empathize. Chips, sweets of all kinds, and fast food often get the best of me. Stick around-we'll all in this together!!! :-)
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Hi Blanca! The sweets and stuff get me too sometimes but if you stay within your goal for the day then why not enjoy them occasionally. Good luck to you on your weight loss journey!
  • uberleelee757
    uberleelee757 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Blanca! I wish you all the best on your fitness journey. Have you tried Zumba Fitness? It helped me lose 50 lbs in less than a year when I started in 2012. I stopped going in 2014 and started putting the weight back on...slowly but surely. I didn't realize how much you ate played a part in gaining weight. I know it's like "Duh! If you eat a lot you'll gain weight." Well, I've always been relatively thin and could eat whatever I wanted. Didn't start really putting on weight until after I had children. Things have changed. I am calorie counting right along with you, girly! We got this!
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    Hi Back! :)
  • bgonzalez1925
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @uberleelee757 yes I have tried Zumba a couple years ago and it was awesome! I love how I can count my calorie intake with this app! We got this!
  • 1chuy
    1chuy Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hola blanca ..cardio box will do the trick fast
  • bgonzalez1925
    Options
    @1chuy Yes cardio box is amazing! I used to practice kickboxing cardio at LA Fitness about 3 years ago I can't really do much cardio since I sprained my ankle :/
  • 1chuy
    1chuy Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    @bgonzalez1925 oh that sucks hope u get better soon :)
  • Fiqahana
    Fiqahana Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Hana. I'm 21 years old. I joined MFP on 2013 but I guess never really stuck with it. So currently, I'm on an almost 4 months semester break from university so figured I better focus on myself, just losing weight and getting healthy. I was at my heaviest by the end of February 2017 where I weighed almost 125kg. I currently weight 117kg and is working hard to at least be 110kg by the end of June and my main goal for my semester break is to be 90kg or at least below 100kg by the end of August.

I was diagnosed with GERD at the end of February 2017 and was hospitalized for 4 days because of it. It felt terrible as I felt like it was hard to breath, it's like a sensation of a lump in the throat. At the hospital I kept on throwing up the food I ate, I couldn't even sleep, I was crying most of the time because my GERD was really bad, I had to be on Xanax for a few days just so I could get some rest. It has been almost 3 months of me dealing with GERD and I have on medication yet I still have the symptoms, although it is now better as I do not throw up anymore and I am able to sleep. I am going to make an appointment for an endoscopy very soon just to be clear on what is the cause of my GERD and hopefully after that I will be able to get suitable medications that will make me recover 100%. One of my doctors did say losing weight my just be the cure for my GERD and after doing some research, I did find that what he said is true and most people who have GERD does feel better after losing weight. So, I hope when I do lose weight, I'll be so much healthier and happier as well and my GERD will be gone completely, forever.

So basically, I am determined to lose all this weight and be completely healthy again. I am going to take control of my life, this is it. Here's to a better life, a better me. If you have GERD or maybe you just wanna be friends, add me as a friend. I'd love to have people to encourage me get on the right track and it will be my honour to encourage my fellow friends to stay motivated as well. Have a nice day! Thank you for reading, I appreciate it! :smiley: