15 lbs down

Options
Hi everyone, I'm Caitlynn. I'm 18, and i'm finally motivated and ready to lose weight. Until sophomore year in high school I was always a cheerleader and the exercise kept me in great shape. My lowest weight ever was 139 at 5'6 but realistically most of the time i was probably around 160. I could eat whatever I wanted and not gain weight. Because of this, i always thought i just had a high metabolism and that's how it was always going to be. When I stopped cheerleading, and continued the same eating habits, of course i started to gain. I never was motivated enough to do anything about it. I finished my freshman year of college, and gained even more weight. The freshman 15 is no joke!! I hit my highest weight ever of 193 pounds. I hated my body. That was my turning point. None of my clothes fit anymore, i felt embarrassed to go anywhere, I wasn't comfortable. So I had no choice but to change myself. I started to eat healthier, tried taking the stairs more, etc. 26 days later I'm down 15 pounds and it's truly so motivating to see results. :)

Replies

• Omegame12
    Omegame12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well done, im 5ft6 also and 180lbs. My lowest ever was 140. I am aimiling to lose 20lbs in 8 weeks and evetually get down to 147. Good Luck
  • roxskow
    roxskow Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up! College is definitely a difficult time to focus on your health but sounds like you are making great progress :smiley:
  • uberleelee757
    uberleelee757 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome, Caitlynn!! I was just like you...I am 35 years old. I ran track and did cheerleading in high school. I was always 115-118 lbs. When I got married at 22, I was 125 lbs. You'd think that's not a lot of weight gain, but I continued to eat how I was and didn't exercise...eventually I was 153 lbs at the age of 25. It just kept going up from there. I didn't realize the science behind calories in and calories out. It truly is amazing thing once you get it all figured out. Thanks for the encouragement...I just started calorie counting yesterday. I'm excited to see results!
  • daesinging01
    daesinging01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey. Im just finished first year as well and it really impacted my weight. Im 5'8 in JUST SECOND SEMESTER went from 137 to 157,(stress, poor dietary habits, high hunger from new birth control) I'm at 152 now and am anxious to get back to 137 or even 135. I'm tall but my small bone structure does not carry weight well and best BMI is lower. Good luck! Youre not alone :)
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Good thing you caught yourself now Caitlynn! I went thru the exact same thing. I stopped being active after high school and didn't change my eating habits. Next thing you know... For me it took 5 years to go, oh no, this isn't good. You're way ahead of me in that regard so great job! Keep crushing it!
  • Raynee21
    Raynee21 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What did you do to lose 15 in 26 days??
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Raynee21 wrote: »
    What did you do to lose 15 in 26 days??
    Ate for 25 days then cut off an arm on the 26th