KETO pudding

Options
darrinsgt
darrinsgt Posts: 9 Member
First, this is not my recipe. I have used it for both ice cream and as pudding. For my wife and I, we have to cut the recipe in half if making ice cream. It doesn't take much to fill you up and as with most ice cream recipes it gets solid as a rock when frozen. We prefer this recipe as a pudding, which is why I didn't mention the ice cream in the title. With the recipe as listed, it makes about 6 servings. Your nutritional values may differ, but what I have listed below is what our one serving comes out to.

CAL: 368
FAT: 49 grams
Sat: 35 grams
Mono: 3 grams
CHOL: 298mg
SOD: 53mg
POT: 119mg
Net CARBS: 1gram
PROT: 7grams

Ingredients
•4 whole eggs
•4 yolks (in addition to the whole eggs above)
•2 tsp vanilla
•10 drops apple cider vinegar or lime juice to taste
•100 grams (7 tbs) grass-fed butter ( I used Kerry gold, unsalted)
•100 grams (7tbs) coconut oil
•50 grams (3tbs + 2tsp) MCT oil, I used a chocolate mocha oil flavor from Now Sports (Amazon)
•80 grams (5.5tbs) of sweetener, I used Stevia.
•~100 grams water or ice (just under 1/2 cup; add less than you think you need, then increase the amount).

•(optional) 1/4 to 1/2 cup of low-toxin Upgraded Chocolate powder ***

*** I have never made this recipe without adding chocolate. I find that the quality of the dark chocolate will make or break it. I use Valrhona chocolate, which is a bit pricey but it has made some recipes turn out better a second or third time where other chocolates have been used.

Methods
1.Blend everything but the water/ice in blender. It takes a while to get the butter blended into perfect creaminess.
2.Add water or ice and blend some more until well blended. Ideally, you want a yogurt-like consistency for creamy ice cream, or add more water for a firmer, icier texture
3.Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and turn it on. ** this is where you will pour it into your containers and put into the fridge for pudding. I left this step here of course just in case you were making the ice cream.

Again, this was not my recipe, but it is a great desert with wonderful macros and I hope you enjoy it too.

Replies

• darrinsgt
    darrinsgt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh, for the pudding I added 1/4 cup of water while it was in the blender. It is a bit runny at first, but then calms down after a few hours in the fridge. If you go a 1/2 cup, even after a few hours in the fridge it will be a bit on the runnier side.