Let's Make New Friends! ❤

Options
dolcemaria81
dolcemaria81 Posts: 25 Member
3 yrs ago I manages to lose 75 lbs. I've put back about 40lbs after getting Married and moving. I don't have many friends here where I can call up and be like hey let's meet for a walk. I miss that. My husband isn't very active or supportive. I'm pretty much alone. I need to lose 40-50 lbs by my brothers wedding. I need to look good that day. I can't do this alone. Feel free to add me no matter what your story is. We can all use accountability.

Replies

• jesusx3g13
    jesusx3g13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Its always hard when you dont have support from your significant other. Its been a hard journey for me trying to eat healthy and loose weight, especially when my girlfriend keeps buying junk food and always wants to go eat out.

I just hope that after she sees the results she will join me one day.
  • Jckeller95
    Jckeller95 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree it is VERY hard to achieve your goals without the support of your other half. Today has been a rough day as I have been trying to stay under the 1200 calories. I have been extremely grumpy. It's a change I need to get done for my health.
  • Jckeller95
    Jckeller95 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    BTW, I honestly don't know how to add friends?? Y'all know the procedure?
  • bgonzalez1925
    bgonzalez1925 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi we are in the same boat! After I had my son I gained 40 pounds and is wanting to loose them soon! I started last week and I'm having withdrawals from all the food I used to eat. No pain no gain right! Good luck and you got this! :#
  • tomwasilj3w
    tomwasilj3w Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Jckeller95 wrote: »
    BTW, I honestly don't know how to add friends?? Y'all know the procedure?

@Jckeller95 you click on the person's name. Once their picture opens click on their name again. Then it brings you their profile where you will see the "add friend" button
  • danam86
    danam86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, no one has ever supported me and I've always been pretty much on my own in my weight loss attempts. I have lost a lot of weight in the past, all together about 50 pounds on 2 separate occasions. I'm now at the heaviest I've ever been and pretty miserable! Ready to do this! Let's support each other.
  • theycallmearth
    theycallmearth Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It can be very difficult when your significant other isn't on the health journey or supportive of your health goals.

MFP certainly has some great people who are constantly supportive and help to maintain accountability.
  • tinampena
    tinampena Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat!!!