Introduction

Options
sruv
sruv Posts: 27 Member
My name is Sharon and I've been struggling with my highest weight ever for the past 7 years. I'm able to lose 20 lbs or so and then manage to regain it. My ideal weight would be 100 lbs lighter, but I know that even 50-60 would tremendously change the way I feel. I used to do a lot of activities and participate in many sports, but right now I am limited. I tried to get back into the swing of things by doing high intensity interval training at a popular gym, but managed to injure my knee in the process. At 62, with body structures slowing down naturally, I need to take weight off in order to return to some of the activities I love.

Charting my food daily and weighing myself weekly for accountability have been the two tools that are necessary for me to stay in the weight loss game.

I'm going to try to enjoy this journey and take it one day at a time.

Replies

• Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Taking those first steps are always the toughest!
  • sruv
    Options
    Thanks for saying hello and for the encouragement! I'm hopeful that I can just stay on this path.
  • KateA2017
    KateA2017 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Take care of those knees they can make or break long term activity. I struggle with knee problems also and hate being side lined.
  • ColoradoChlo
    ColoradoChlo Posts: 517 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    First of all, you're beautiful!
    Also, you can do this!:)
  • sruv
    edited July 2018
    Options
    My name is Sharon and I've been struggling with my highest weight ever for the past 7 years. I'm able to lose 20 lbs or so and then manage to regain it. I did take off 10 pounds in the past year but am wanting to get more focused, as I am having mobility issues. My ideal weight would be 70 lbs lighter, but I know that even 30-40 lbs lighter would tremendously change the way I feel (and maybe help out my knees, too!) I used to do a lot of activities/sports like 5Ks and tennis, but right now I am making my peace with hiking, swimming, and biking. I'm motivated to take more weight off in order to return to some of the activities I love. I also work full time during the school year and want to be able to get up and down off the floor more easily with preschoolers (my favorite aged students!).

Charting my food daily, seeing how my body feels after eating certain foods, and weighing myself for accountability helps me stay in the weight loss game. I need to get over my "I'm on the bus" or "I'm off the bus mentality!" but it's not easy some days. Did I tell you I'm a super "foodie" and love good food?!! I'm also trying to find replacement behaviors for eating when stressed or dealing with strong emotions!!

I'm going to try to enjoy this weight loss journey and my summer. I feel so grateful to have 6 weeks to really take care of myself and to think about a program. Almost every day I have been swimming laps outside and it feels like I am at summer camp!