Help!!!

Options
I see how my cousin can change one element of her diet and she looses weight dramatically.but me for the last two weeks have eaten green everything, water and snack on nuts and saw an actual increase in my weight then it went down but nothing else has happened. Does anyone have any suggestions

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Eat in a calorie deficit.
  • astewartmelody
    astewartmelody Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am new to this. What exactly is calorie deficit?
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Read the stickies. You'll get good information from them. Good luck :)
  • jepierson4
    jepierson4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Essentially everyone has a basal metabolic rate that is the amount of calories that your body needs to maintain weight. If you want to loose weight you eat less calories and add exercise. Also, avoid nuts they are high in calories and fat. They seem like health food but it really isn't true
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It's not foods but the combined calories in your day that will decide if you gain or lose. Put in your stats in to MFP and find out how many calories you should be eating daily.

Nuts are high calorie.
    Was there dressing on that green stuff?
  • astewartmelody
    astewartmelody Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok I get it. I use lemon juice, garlic and onion powder for dressing (I hate dressing) I didn't know nuts were high in calories
  • jepierson4
    jepierson4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Really best to calculate your basal metabolic rate. Should be able to search it online based upon your current weight, job, and other activities. You have to adjust as you loose weight. Then you should watch your macronutrients (carbs, protein, fat) intake. Ideally should be balanced.
  • beanfacekilla
    beanfacekilla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Google TDEE calculator (total daily energy expenditure).

IIFYM is a good site. Enter details honestly, enter email, and get TDEE. Reduce by 250-500 calories to start. Do that a couple weeks, and take an average of weight for that time. Adjust if you can/need to.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    It's not foods but the combined calories in your day that will decide if you gain or lose. Put in your stats in to MFP and find out how many calories you should be eating daily.

Nuts are high calorie.
    Was there dressing on that green stuff?

^This. Eating exactly as you ate before and changing one thing is a better way to cut calories than completely changing your whole diet but not counting calories.

Bottom line: you can order a restaurant salad that's more fattening than steak and a baked potato.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Plug your stats into mfp, get a calorie goal, then log your food accurately and consistently. Weight loss is all about calories.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Not everyone would agree but eat fully balanced. My weight didn't move until I let go of the low carb and all other magical ways to loose.

My 80lbs has gone so far by...and it really is just this....

Sleep!
    Water, lots.
    Eat within calorie limit.
    Eat all food groups and balanced.
    Daily vitamin.
    Daily good exercise. Sweaty 45-75 min.

Off of bp meds, feel amazing.

When I want the cupcake I eat the cupcake. I just stay within my limits and accommodate for it. I eat to perform now.

You can friend me if you'd like.