Zumba

Options
Has anyone tried Zumba? I just joined a gym last tuesday, and they offer it there, I have been to 2 classes so far and its a lot of fun but does it really help you lose weight?

Replies

• kakes80
    kakes80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a great workout and I burn major calories!!
  • RdySetGO11
    RdySetGO11 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am a Zumba instructor and YES! it does help you lose weight. I've had the same lady coming to my classes for a while now and I can tell that she has definitely lost weight! It is a cardio exercise! The more you get into it, the more you get out of it!
  • mamafrederick
    Options
    I have zumba for xbox 360. I use to do it everyday, ive been slacking but def have lost weight. You have to stil eat right though. Or else you're doing it for nthing.
  • lilcrittert
    lilcrittert Posts: 105
    Options
    I just started in the past couple of weeks. I am totally hooked and have taken every class that's been offered!!!! I took my waist measurement today because my clothes were loose (I took measurements 2 weeks ago). Can you believe I've lost almost an inch from my waist?!?!!? It's all that belly movement!!!! LOL So for me, YES it helps!!!!!
  • ♥Mjohnson76♥
    Options
    I enjoy it..yes, it does help u loose weight because it increases ur heart rate to help u burn fat..now, if ur not putting much effort in the movements, then you will not see results..the more effort u put in the movements the sooner u will be results..just remember to change ur cardio..try other cardio classes as well..body combat is great..lots of punching and kicking..
  • cardio_fit
    Options
    Zumba is a great workout. I burned about 300 calories just doing Zumba from my wheelchair...and I actually had fun! I highly recommend it!
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It works if you work at it. I started in January, and the only exercise I could do prior to starting zumba was walking. Thanks to my increased endurance as a result of zumba, I started running in April. I have also added a strength training program. I hit 101 pounds lost this week. If you like it, do it. It is not for everyone.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it... :)
  • Jay3126
    Jay3126 Posts: 7
    Options
    WOW I am so excited for this, I have been to two classes so far, they gym where I enrolled offers it twice a week and its so much fun I can wait to see the results!

THANKS ladies!!