Is this normal? What do I do now?

Options
I started on March 8th, weighing in at 131. On April 8th I weighed 127. On May 8th I weighed... 127!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Were you expecting to gain weight? Lose weight? Maintain?

There really isn't enough information here to tell if what you are describing is normal or not.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?
    How does this differ from what you were expecting?
    Are you logging your food?
    Your exercise?
    Do you use a food scale?
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself every day. That will tell you what you need to know.
  • richelle414
    richelle414 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I expect to lose weight! When I enter my food and close MFP diary at the end of the day it's giving numbers like 114-119 depending on the day.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yes, weigh more often so you get used to your body's water weight and other fluctuations. You may have just weighed on a day when you were retaining water. Also, are you measuring yourself? Scale weight tells a limited picture, especially if you are weight training.
  • Misssynth
    Misssynth Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Measure. I had 3 solid months of my weight not moving, I have body fat scales too and my fat % was going down and I took my measurements and I'd lost inches all over whilst maintaining the same weight. Your weight is not everything.
  • graydreams
    graydreams Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    On the bright s ide I can definitely tell the difference. You look fitter and you are very beautiful :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You're recomping. Congratulations.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Weigh every day
    Weight can vary drastically day to day
    Especially because you are already pretty small and progress will be slow, you're going to want to see the trends in your weight. My weight goes up and down daily. But once every 1-2 weeks I typically see the scale drop a bit. If I weighed once a month I might think I hadn't lost at all.

What's your goal weight? You look really good already with just the five pound loss. Your stomach really flattened out. In my humble opinion, I wouldn't lose too much more (you definitively do not need to get down to 114-119 as mentioned above). I think someone mentioned recomp, have you considered that?

Again just my opinion, maybe you're goal is to be super thin-which is fine. I just think you look great!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Still not enough info to give you any specific advice, but...

You look to already be a healthy weight. If you are, you should only be expecting to lose @ half-a-lb per week, which can be easily masked by water weight fluctuations. You either need to be super patient and just hope that after a month you see the scale go down a lb or so, or weigh every day to get used to how your weight fluctuates day to day throughout the month.

If you don't have a lot of weight to lose, you don't have any wiggle room for your logging. Use a food scale for everything possible - packaged foods, whole foods, fruit, peanut butter, everything. Double check the entries you are using in the database - many are user entered and wrong. Don't use other people's generic entries or recipe-type entries you have no idea how they prepared it.

If you are eating all your exercise calories, it's possible the burns you are using are inflated, so try eating back a little less.

You've lost 4 lbs in 8 weeks. If you have less than 20 lbs to lose that is a perfectly normal pace. Weighing everyday and keeping track of that might make it easier to see if you have really been stalled or if your normal weight fluctuations made it seem that way. If you feel like you are stalled, tightening up your logging will probably help you see where you are going wrong or where you can cut back.
  • crushingitdaily12345
    crushingitdaily12345 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I started on March 8th, weighing in at 131. On April 8th I weighed 127. On May 8th I weighed... 127!

You look great!