What an education...

Options
15 days in. Have been tracking 'everything' and have learned a ton! 1,200 calories doesn't go far, you have to be strategic about your choices. Already seeing positive changes in how I feel and the way my clothes fit. My husband and I are doing this together, which is wonderful! I've tried to get him involved in other weight loss efforts, but this is the first time we're both tracking calories in the same way. He's losing faster, but like he says he has 'easier' pounds to lose at the onset. We've had ice cream cones almost nightly -- but they've always been part of our calorie totals. I commented, "How cool would it be if we went for ice cream cones almost every night and managed to lose a bunch of weight!" We have eaten fish twice using a new marinade I found on the Internet and we're grilling a lot. Walking together in the evenings. Starting to get the momentum going and it seems like things become easier then. Until next time......

Replies

• Kblax
    Kblax Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good luck, add me as a friend if you would like.
  • alryalat
    alryalat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • feelmyart
    feelmyart Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing this with my husband. It's a struggle getting him to move around. We're trying to start with low impact stretching and beginning yoga, but he's getting frustrated because he can't do a lot of the poses. Ice cream is definitely not on my diet. Good luck to you!
  • GeriBeck19
    GeriBeck19 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My husband wouldn't do Yoga either, alas, but if you want to see an amazing video ...trying searching 'obese guy loses weight with yoga melbourne'....that gentleman had an amazing transformation and he couldn't do many of the poses at first but was a total stud towards the latter part of the video. Regardless, keep 'moving' by yourself! Best wishes on your journey! And PS: think the ice cream will need to go away if I want to continue to lose. It was only a small twist cone from either DQ or McD's, though, nothing to fancy!
  • alisonlee75
    alisonlee75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are doing really well. How much weight are you trying to lose?
  • yoherbs421
    yoherbs421 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love that word, momentum. You got it, keep it up!

Haha I tried yoga on video and couldnt believe how much I sweat. I also couldnt do all poses but i tried.