Stay at home mom looking for friends

Options
Hi everyone. I'm a stay at home mom until I start working in few weeks. I'm motivated to loose weight this time but I def need support from others. I'm really over weight, biggest that I've been and I need help. I'm ready to be serious. I have a toddler 2yr old girl and a 2month old and stay home eating and taking care of them.. Gained only 14lbs for the whole pregnancy BUT gained 8lbs after. I was big before 250lb, now 272lbs. I need help from other people doing this just by ur support and I hope to help support u also.

Replies

• dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place with a lot of support! I'll send you a request. I was a SAHM once with 4 kids, and I'm still blaming my extra rolls on them. :smile:
    I have a lot to lose as well. I'll help you in anyway I can.
    Good luck!
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's an amazing resource! I'm a SAHM to 1 and 3 year old boys (although I'm hoping to sub part time when school starts)
  • mammacano
    mammacano Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have been a stay-at-home mom for the past 13 years and I know how isolating and difficult it can be! However, with a lot of support.. weight loss and contentment can happen!

Feel free to add me!

~Tina
  • AnotherMichelle
    AnotherMichelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Im not a sahm but I am a single mom to a two year old :) Feel free to friend me for support!
  • keeks8281
    keeks8281 Posts: 53
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a newbie too! We can all succeed! Feel free to add me as well.
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am stay at home mommy to two little boys, Konnor age 5 and Cole age 3. I would love to be added as a friend!!!
  • mamafrederick
    Options
    Girl, I hear ya! Ive ALWAYS been a small girl. Never been over 125ish pounds. Got pregnant with my son, gained 25 lbs. I was like.. 145 after I had him. He's two 1/2 now.. & I have a 6 month old. I didnt lose all my baby weight with him before I got pregnant with my daughter and I gained SO MUCH with her. I have no idea why, I didnt eat bad at all. But I did get pre eclampsia with her and my dr said that's why I gained so much!!! But I was 214 the day BEFORE I had her. :'( it was so depressing!!!! i've never felt so depressed. but i've been DETERMINED to get back to my old self.... my hubby loves me the way I am but ... i'm not gonna be happy with myself till then. I've lost 50 lbs since i've had her. I had her in January! :) I'm down to 166! My hubby is in afghanistan and 30 of those 50 lbs, i've lost since he's left... so he's not even gonna recognize me when he comes home for leave in October!!!! I hope to lose ATLEAST 20 lbs before end of Oct... You just gotta buckle down and put your mind to it!!!! KNOW you can do it!!!! :) good luck!!
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I am a SAHM to a 3 yr. old girl and an 18 month old boy. I will send you a friend request for extra support. I think you will do great at this...just stay on track and remember to always log your food that way you will feel like holding yourself more accountable for what you put in your mouth. Once you get into this site you will find that before you eat a snack you will be thinking about how many calories it has, I even find myself looking at the sodium levels in things too. I never cared about sodium b/4 joining MFP, but I discovered through the forums that sodium is important in weight loss....too much of it and you will retain water.
    Good luck to you!!
    Kim
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. This is an awesome site and you will enjoy it, there are alot of people here that will push you and motivate you.

Feel free to add me.

I must warn you that i am tough, i don't sugar coat anything and you can do the same to me.

good luck

~Chika