no results:?

Options
babyblake11
babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
i've lost weight. i am a good weight and bmi. i dont want to get skinnier, i want to lose body fat, tone and build muscle. i do toning exercise 6 days a week. 3x10 press ups. 3x10 calf raises. 3x10 squats. 2x10 lunges. sometimes i add more. my arms are great. but my legs and stuff are slightly more toned. but they still have the layer of flab and to honest. seem to be getting worse..l! helppp!

Replies

• liza27201424
    Options
    so im guessing you want to lose tummy fat? since you said your arms and legs are good
    im trying to do the same thing
    im looking into possibly getting some weights
    many many sit ups and crunches
    whatever makes my tummy sore at the end of the day
    ive been running lately, and thats been toning me up
    everybody is different, i hope you tone, and accomplish you goal :)
  • lahokz
    lahokz Posts: 5
    Options
    if you like machines you could do the elliptical for an hour on level 8, inclined of course. :)
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    I really recomment something like Zumba or Jazzercise for your legs/tummy. The almost "dance" style of exercise helps you build muscle that burns the fat without getting "too skinny". and it's a ton of fun! I had the same sort of problem areas, and it's been a HUGE help for me :smile:
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    This is what is working for me. Cut back on the fruit and add more vegetables... especially the green leafy kind. I'm at my goal but still have some belly fat. I was eating a lot of fruit which added to my sugars for the day. MFP doesn't differentiate between simple and complex sugars, but I noticed my sugar levels were higher on days where I had 3 or more fruits. Since cutting them back and adding a lot more vegetables, the belly fat is going away. Give it a try and see how it works for you. Good luck!
  • babyblake11
    Options
    i enjoy just dancing in my living room, good idea? ;)
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Usually it's because of your diet. I noticed you are not eating back your exercise calories, which could slow your metabolism down. Perhaps try adding some healthy, higher calories snacks, like nuts or peanut butter with your fruit or bread? It might be worth a try for 2-3 weeks to see if that brings your metabolism back up and see if you start losing the weight you want to lose.
  • babyblake11
    Options
    also my diary set to maintenance thts why im not reaching my goal. i should probably be getting closer to it though especially with my exercise.
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Leaning up is 80% diet.... Clean eating is the best way to get there. ....
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    i enjoy just dancing in my living room, good idea? ;)

very good idea! :wink: but you also might want to get a "dance dvd" you can work out with. they can help target your problem areas. good luck!!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Even if you've got it set to maintenance, you should be eating those exercise calories back...

Or maybe not... hmmm in that case I'm actually not sure.