Hello! New and need accountability buddies!

Options
kath1mill
kath1mill Posts: 16 Member
Hi there! :) I've used MFP before but never dove into the forums. I'm 30 years old and looking to lose about 30 lbs and get fitter!

I started the c25k program a few months ago and have actually gained weight! I realized the only thing that has really worked for me in the past is counting calories, so I'm starting back at it again. Wine, chocolate, and fast food are my major weaknesses.

I'd love some encouragement and accountability, so feel free to add me!

Replies

• Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! Adding you!
  • gt0186b
    gt0186b Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wine and ice cream are my biggest weaknesses. I'm doing good so far with the ice cream and have been able to cut back to wine only on weekends.
  • kath1mill
    Options
    Thanks guys!
    gt0186b wrote: »
    Wine and ice cream are my biggest weaknesses. I'm doing good so far with the ice cream and have been able to cut back to wine only on weekends.
    Good plan! It's so hard for me to break these habits! I will try wine only on weekends, I forgot that that worked for me pretty well before. (Obviously I "fell off that wagon")

I always want a treat of some kind in the evening so I need to figure out a good substitute. I have a favorite seltzer water I like, so that might work for me.

• alreadydetermined2
    alreadydetermined2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Im new here as well! I have been on MFP three times as just discovered these forums! My weaknesses is wine, pasta, pizza and cinnamon buns!! LOL
  • rjl1208
    rjl1208 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I work in a Chinese food restaurant Friday nights and the Greek lady who owns it is always food pushing
  • vwrandolph
    vwrandolph Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I am in desperate need ways to stay motivated! Love sweets and can be easily talk myself out of exercising.
  • PandaTami
    PandaTami Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi all.
    new to this so bare with me. am hoping that counting calories will help me adapt to a new eating healthy way of life and shift some of my weight that has attacked me several times and now hangs on like a leech lol
  • PandaTami
    Options
    vwrandolph wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I am in desperate need ways to stay motivated! Love sweets and can be easily talk myself out of exercising.

me too!
  • PandaTami
    Options
    rjl1208 wrote: »
    I work in a Chinese food restaurant Friday nights and the Greek lady who owns it is always food pushing

thats hard to walk away from
  • kath1mill
    Options
    vwrandolph wrote: »
    Hi All,

Me too! I find it helps if I tell myself just to exercise for 5-10 min. By the time I do that, I'm in the clothes and already going so I usually continue. Try setting a daily minimum for yourself, or every other day. Good luck!

• drjackphd
    drjackphd Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I understand as I can't be left alone with a bag of cookies. I found out over the years there is no bad ice cream or cookies. I will be 70 next month, have lost 20 pounds over the past year by watching what I eat (sometimes), keeping my sugar low and protein high. I also exercise a lot.
  • catrinadixon1008
    catrinadixon1008 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for accountability and encouragement!! I need to lose a lot more than u but can help cheer u on along the way!! I'll send u a request!
  • steveg1130
    steveg1130 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am new to the forums. Always looking for motivation. Always good for giving it too. I'm also a calorie counter, seems to work for me. Adding you.
  • draejess
    draejess Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm using MFP, again. I'm going to try and get some buddies and use community - maybe it'll help me stay on track. I'll add you. I need buddies too!
  • CurlnQT
    CurlnQT Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Looking for more friends, sending a request.