Is it too much work to lose weight?

Options
I was up tonight talking to one of my closest friends and I shared with her my new weight loss adventure on MFP. I measure my food that is not already in a serving size, I count my calories, make it my business to eat all of mine, and I use my smart phone app every where I go. She said to me, " Tammy, that sounds like a lot of work". Hmmm.... it made me think, isn't any thing worth getting require work?

Getting a degree of any kind is work.

Being the best parent one can be is work.

Dealing with difficult people is work.

Too much work is relative. I think I wanna take my chances on the work on this end than doing the work of fighting a weight related disease. She ask for info on MFP. She might be ready for too much work :-). Stay motivated.

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    amen :)
  • runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    Options
    I measure my food that is not already in a serving size, I count my calories, make it my business to eat all of mine, and I use my smart phone app every where I go.

I do the same thing. Plus put my workout clothes together the night before so no excuses. It is work but so is lugging my fat around!!!
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Is prolonging your life too much work?
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    That's us lazy Americans. LOL! We don't think of how long it took for us to get to this state. We don't think of how long it will take to get out of your current (overweight) state. It's worth the work. But not everyone is a workaholic like us :)
  • snowbdr88
    snowbdr88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    But that's just it - using MFP really ISN'T hard work - at least not in MY eyes.
  • Phanessa917
    Phanessa917 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I hear "that's a lot of work" too and I think to myself... "you're not the one doing the work" I do it because I want to. I like knowing what i'm eating and how much i'm working out and I ♥ the progress!

So, yes. it may seem a lot of work but having a child is a lot of work too. You learn to adjust and make it part of your every day life :happy:
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Losing over a hundred pounds was one of the hardest things I've done in my life.... but SO worth it!! :happy:
  • TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    So true! Think of all the effort we put into keeping our material things nice - None of that should matter if we aren't healthy to enjoy them!
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    Is prolonging your life too much work?

For the majority of people, and about 95% of the people that enter Walmart, Yes.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    It's easy to gain weight... It's much harder to lose it! :smile:
  • Tammy1113
    Tammy1113 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You are so right! Motivating.....:happy:
  • EAS2012
    EAS2012 Posts: 1
    Options
    Totally agree! Well said! 9226796.png
  • Tammy1113
    Options
    Awesome!
  • SMK715
    SMK715 Posts: 108
    Options
    I would say getting in shape is more of a conscious effort rather than work.. just my opinion.
  • Tammy1113
    Options
    I would say getting in shape is more of a conscious effort rather than work.. just my opinion.

Nothin wrong with that!
  • arh0117
    arh0117 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Just another excuse...when you enjoy doing something, it doesn't feel like work. I like knowing that I am making myself a better me. Nothing in life is free, and anything worth doing is worth doing well!!