Reached my weight goal today!

Options
jacobsl221
jacobsl221 Posts: 75 Member
I celebrated by having a full bowl of cereal and milk for breakfast. Now what folks? Do I just switch to maintenance?
I lost nearly 30 lbs. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would transition slowly to maintenance calories. Maybe 100 extra per week to avoid gain on the scale.

Congrats!
  • kath1mill
    kath1mill Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well done! You should be very proud. I'm hoping to lose 30 as well. Any tips that really helped you?
  • debisjazz
    debisjazz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations!!!!
  • gandssmith
    gandssmith Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    YAY!! Congrats!!! That's very cool :). Sounds like you get to go to maintenance!
  • karendmorris22
    karendmorris22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Huge congratulations!
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Nice going !
    I never thought about gradually increasing calories but that sounds like a solid plan.

Keep posting so we know what works best to maintain. Soon enough all of us will need the info
  • Gratzi
    Gratzi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Way to go! How long have you been maintaining your calorie deficit to reach your goal?
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! All your hard work has paid off. Good luck with your next chapter!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Congrats :D
  • jacobsl221
    jacobsl221 Posts: 75 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I have been keeping a 5-600 calorie deficit for 4 months. Thanks for the positive reinforcement. I am allowing myself 2 glasses of wine about 180 calories) as my extra in celebration today. I will be posting my new thinner picture soon. The one I have is before my weight loss.
  • ColoradoChlo
    ColoradoChlo Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!