Help please with calorie deficit

Options
shellsin81
shellsin81 Posts: 6 Member
edited May 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Im not sure if i eat all my calorie deficit back or half or what could someone help me please and thank you

Replies

• Sindbad1985
    Sindbad1985 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't log my workout so i will not eat what i burned back. So do not log your workout in the app and focus on eating your calories goal and hit your macros
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I don't log my workout so i will not eat what i burned back. So do not log your workout in the app and focus on eating your calories goal and hit your macros

Except MFP is set up for you to eat your exercise calories back.

OP, I'd be extremely skeptical of that burn. Maybe only eat a third of it back for now?
  • mickstar_2003
    mickstar_2003 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there if your burning all those calories and only eating as much as that can't be good for you if your target is 1200 it's 1200 calories you need to reach even after excercise so it should be balancing itself out so eat all your calories back
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    What type of exercises are you doing to get that much calorie burn? Want to get a better idea of how you're getting that number.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Except MFP is set up for you to eat your exercise calories back.

OP, I'd be extremely skeptical of that burn. Maybe only eat a third of it back for now?

This!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

That's bad advice as MFP's numbers are based on you eating exercise cals back.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    shellsin81 wrote: »
    Im not sure if i eat all my calorie deficit back or half or what could someone help me please and thank you

What generated the exercise calories? If it was a workout you logged, what did you do/for how long? If it is a Fitbit adjustment, are you set as sedentary in MFP and how active was your day/how many steps? Also, what is your weight? THose are relevant factors.

We don't know if the exercise calorie are reasonably accurate.
  • FatWithFatness
    FatWithFatness Posts: 315 Member
    Options

This is bad advice. The only instance where this should be done is if you are using TDEE.

People often make the mistake of cutting too much too quickly because they want to lose fast, then you don't have room to take more away later as you get lighter. Slow is the healthier way to do it, take it from someone who destroyed their gallbladder this way.

You should weigh your food (in grams) and I personally try to stick to single ingredient foods as their easier to track and maintain. Eat back half of your exercise cals, if you're not losing after a few weeks, eat a little less.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Agree with the folks who think that's an awfully high calorie burn, unless you did quite a lot of exercise beyond the steps tracked in the screenshot.