Little success add up to big results

Options
Cbaka27
Cbaka27 Posts: 35 Member
I started using MFP 48 days ago. I'm not really sure why I started but I sure am glad I did. My starting weight was 248 with an overall goal weight of 175. I am 25% to my goal (CW 229.5) and so glad I started this. I am finding that setting little goals is making the big number easier. Here are my next mini goals I am working toward over the next few months.

Drivers Licenses Weight 225
Wedding Day (2002) Weight 218
50% to my goal 211.5

What mini goals do you set to make your big goal feel smaller?

Replies

• stacief82
    stacief82 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!

I don't set too many "mini goals", but I did reach my wedding day weight last month and it is kind of fun to think about. I have a goal to break the 130lb mark by my vacation in a few weeks. I am so close, but I am not sure I will get there. I am ok with it though. Ultimately this is a lifestyle change for me, so goal dates are a bit arbitrary as long as I am making some kind of progress. I would love to reach my drivers license weight one day, but it is a bit of a stretch. It hasn't been updated in 15 years. It is actual 10lbs less than my current goal weight LOL.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    My first goal was pre baby7 weight. Hit that then lowest weight in several years hit that. Now onederland is my next goal.

I would love to be at my wedding weight but thats 55lbs away.
  • Iwilldo198
    Iwilldo198 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I want to log my food every day and go to gym 3 times a week
  • Cbaka27
    Options
    My first goal was pre baby7 weight. Hit that then lowest weight in several years hit that. Now onederland is my next goal.

I would love to be at my wedding weight but thats 55lbs away.

You can do it. Log every day!
  • pacingoamy
    pacingoamy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    stacief82 wrote: »
    Awesome progress!
    Yes so much to this!

I don't set too many "mini goals", but I did reach my wedding day weight last month and it is kind of fun to think about. I have a goal to break the 130lb mark by my vacation in a few weeks. I am so close, but I am not sure I will get there. I am ok with it though. Ultimately this is a lifestyle change for me, so goal dates are a bit arbitrary as long as I am making some kind of progress. I would love to reach my drivers license weight one day, but it is a bit of a stretch. It hasn't been updated in 15 years. It is actual 10lbs less than my current goal weight LOL.

This is me to a 't'. At the beginning, I could not mentally handle the idea that I was 40 lbs away from a healthy bmi. It was too much and I had failed so many times before. I made it instead about learning more about my IBS. In addition to food and exercise, I use MFP to monitor how I feel from my stress level to how my body is physically feeling. This has been key. I learned that more than WHAT I eat, my IBS is most triggered by how MUCH I eat. And that has been huge! Even when I am in high stress and in pain, I know that tracking my food will keep me from making it worse. So, the little goals have been about logging all those things, staying at a deficit 5 days a week, and/or getting at least 10k steps every day. I move these little goals as needed. For example, when I travel for work, I am in 8-10 hour meetings. So 10k steps is not feasible...but an hour on the elliptical can be if I get up earlier.

I take each success day by day and like you all, it's added up to 25 lbs. lost. Would I love to be at 40 lbs lost? Heck yeah! But at the beginning, I couldn't imagine 10 lbs much less 25! It will come. I have all the time the Lord allows me here on earth to get there if my body is ready.
  • Cbaka27
    Options
    pacingoamy wrote: »
    stacief82 wrote: »
    Awesome progress!
    Yes so much to this!

This is me to a 't'. At the beginning, I could not mentally handle the idea that I was 40 lbs away from a healthy bmi. It was too much and I had failed so many times before. I made it instead about learning more about my IBS. In addition to food and exercise, I use MFP to monitor how I feel from my stress level to how my body is physically feeling. This has been key. I learned that more than WHAT I eat, my IBS is most triggered by how MUCH I eat. And that has been huge! Even when I am in high stress and in pain, I know that tracking my food will keep me from making it worse. So, the little goals have been about logging all those things, staying at a deficit 5 days a week, and/or getting at least 10k steps every day. I move these little goals as needed. For example, when I travel for work, I am in 8-10 hour meetings. So 10k steps is not feasible...but an hour on the elliptical can be if I get up earlier.

I take each success day by day and like you all, it's added up to 25 lbs. lost. Would I love to be at 40 lbs lost? Heck yeah! But at the beginning, I couldn't imagine 10 lbs much less 25! It will come. I have all the time the Lord allows me here on earth to get there if my body is ready.

My big goal is 73 lbs so I get it. That number is way to hard!!! Right now I am trying to loose 6 lbs to get to my wedding weight. After that I need to loose 6.5 more to get to my HALF WAY POINT!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!