Broken Ankle Recovery

for_ever_young66
for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,877 Member
edited January 2017 in Success Stories
I feel like sharing a success story of mine. About 5 months ago, I slipped and fell down after a freak injury and broke my ankle so badly, it required surgery. I'm someone who has run numerous 5 and 10K runs to go along with a full marathon and a half marathon. Needless to say, this was a crushing blow for me. Today, for the first time, I was able to jog on the treadmill. I have to say that the motivation from my MFP friends allowed me to stay focused on my health and to avoid going back into my old habits or throwing myself a pity party. I was still training as much as I could during my rehab and I owe them many thanks. I'm a 50 year old man with a broken ankle with a titanium plate but I didn't allow that or my age or injury to deter me. I hope that this post has inspired someone out there in a similar situation.

Replies

• dihotaling
    dihotaling Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks! My surgery is 6/5 as ankle not healed from fall 5 months ago. You did make me feel better
  • gandssmith
    gandssmith Posts: 67 Member
    Very inspiring!!! I'm dealing with a peroneal tendon in my ankle that's giving me trouble. It has for the past couple months but I was too hard headed to go to the drs. Something "popped" last saturday and now I have an mri scheduled tues to see if it's ruptured. Praying its not bc that will require surgery. I told my 13 yr old son it doesn't pay to be hard headed. He said if it did I'd be rich. Lol. But I'm not letting that stop me. I'm still doing upper body and abs and anything else I can think of that doesn't require much of my ankle. Congratulations on your recovery!!!! You did awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!