constipation

Options
anybody else experience a change in bowel habits since starting a diet????? I've been CONSTIPATED for a month now...HELP!!!!

Replies

• DEBORAHHEN
    DEBORAHHEN Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    anybody else experience a change in bowel habits since starting a diet????? I've been CONSTIPATED for a month now...HELP!!!!
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Well, this is just common information, but try eating more fiber and drinking plenty of water.
  • christahollis
    Options
    fiber.

end of story.

fiber one cereals and bars are a good source and quick solution...there's the obvious source, fruits and veggies...you can always try a fiber suppliment (but you get more bang for your buck by going with grocery items).

some people i know have also used activia...that yougurt that's supposed to regulate your digestive tract...and they swear by it.
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    yea i would say u probably aren't getting enough fiber :ohwell:
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I was really bad with this a couple of weeks ago so i stocked up on fruit, fibersure (the powder you add to water), ate oatmeal for breakfast as well as a glass of pure orange juice, ate dried apricots AND ate pure natural liquorice!! its yummy and works wonders!!
    I went a little over my calories for about a week while i was eating all of the above everyday for a week but it was worth it as it got everything back to normal!
    phew!!
    :laugh:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

SAME problem here and I am eating healthier than I have in my whole life...tons of fiber and tons of water..even tried prunes
    What has helped the most for me is 2 fat free fig newtons (90 cals)
    Give it a try!

Kim
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I had really bad bowel problems, IBS mostly. What really got me regular was eating flax. I have it every morning with breakfast and have had great results.
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    i used to go twice a day until i got onto this diet... and yes fiber will help that problem. Also an apple a day is definitely a good thing...
  • mdcroft
    mdcroft Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've had that problem too! eating healthier than ever before, TONS of fiber and TONS of water so i don't think that's the issue but i agree the activia yogurt and the kraft liveactive cheese...2% colbyjack stick has something like 80 calories, a great midday snack and it has worked wonders for the "problem". if all else fails, break out the dried apricots :smile:
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Extra water! I have IBS and need to get a regular intake of fiber foods. I eat a fiber one product everyday, either cereal (several varities) or the chewy bars. I also add a couple natural fiber pills almost everyday. I add flax to lots of stuff too, cereal, in baking, etc. Or on yogurt, just a sprinkle of ground flax, with a half cup of frozen berries, and I love prunes as a snack! And I try to eat celery at least a few times a week, along with big salads with veggies everyday.
  • mcross105
    Options
    I find that exercise keeps me regular- but my favorite source of fiber is tempeh, a soy product that is very tasty when soaked in tamari sauce and sauteed with onions. One serving is 56% of recommended intake.