Calories burned question.....

Options
Help: I did a walk/run on the treadmill tonight and both the mill and MFP said i burned about 240 calories. I also wore a heart rate monitor and it said i burned about 700 calories. Which do I believe?

Replies

• Indie411
    Indie411 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Heart monitor is always most accurate...goes based on your age, weight, etc.
  • RdySetGO11
    RdySetGO11 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your height/weight etc. The treadmill and MFP doesn't know any stats on you at all - like as far as your height, weight, male or female. How long did you run/walk?
  • PrincessKick
    Options
    In my opinion, 700 calories is a LOT for the treadmill unless you are running hard for a long time or walking a LONG time and weigh a pretty significant amount. I am right around 200 pounds and burn about 100 cals/ 10 min with moderately-high exertion (about 6.5 -7 out of 10).
  • FriendsR4EverTreasures
    Options
    How about taking the average of high and low and usint it?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,129 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your height/weight etc. The treadmill and MFP doesn't know any stats on you at all - like as far as your height, weight, male or female. How long did you run/walk?

You need to calibrate your heart rate monitor to reflect your stats.

MFP DOES know your height, weight, gender, age, and the heart rate monitor will go by the same numbers. For that matter, so will the treadmill. They should be much closer if you calibrated correctly. (like within a couple hundred)

We can't answer without all your info.
  • dakuma21
    dakuma21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    A good rule is 100 cal per mile if not taking intensity and own weight into account