Meals Help

Options
alreadydetermined2
alreadydetermined2 Posts: 11 Member
After eating unhealthy for so long, it is very hard to know whats good for you to eat! I need help! Any suggestions?

Replies

• anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    What do you have available and what do you like to eat? Roasted vegetables are always a good place to start adding vegetables into your diet.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Instead of a generic list of "diet" foods, which you may, or may not like.....take a hard look at your current eating habits.

Eat your regular foods. Measure them, then log them. Some foods will fit nicely, others will need to change. Only you can decide if something is just not worth it, or if you will make it fit. This is good information for maintenance too. You want to make better choices for a life time.

I like protein with ever meal - filling and important to keep protein up during weight loss. I like to eat produce at every meal - filling & fiber is so good for me. Whole grains give me more bang for my calorie buck. I also include a treat everyday. That helps me stay the course.....and makes me choosy. The change is.....I can't have treats whenever.
  • fatgirlandrobin
    fatgirlandrobin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I suggest checking out some recipe books based on whatever diet you're doing (low calorie, low carb, low fat, paleo, etc) or have recipes that appeal to you. It's much easier to flip through a cookbook than search through thousands of recipes online. Also, not all their recipes are healthy, but I get a lot of ideas from Tasty on Youtube.

Also, a lot of foods you've already been eating, you can keep eating, just smaller servings, or chose a healthy alternative. Grilled chicken instead of fried, turkey bacon instead of regular bacon, turkey meat instead of beef.
  • alreadydetermined2
    alreadydetermined2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been looking online and gotten certain ideas after reading you guys post! It was very helpful!