Thinking of buying a fitbit- advice please?

Options
2»

Replies

• slinke2014
    slinke2014 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit alta. It doesn't have a heart rate monitor but I didn't care about tracking that as it doesn't really affect calorie burn. My tracks mileage really accurately and I have noticed that the calorie burn is pretty darn close too as I eat pretty much all of my activity calories back and still consistently loose weight. It keeps me moving more throughout the day when before I would just sit at my desk all day long. Which is really why I got it in the first place.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    As a person whose activity varies a lot from day to day, I found a fitbit helpful in giving me a better idea of my actual calorie burn for different days. Like you, I was unsure about the investment, so I just kept an eye out on ebay for a "barely used" one and ended up scoring a Flex with multiple bands that has worked perfectly for about $25.
  • adamgoleafs87
    adamgoleafs87 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Love mine. Big motivation tool, love trying to beat previous highs for calories burned, steps, etc.
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Fitbit 2 is great for heart rate accuracy. The band does break with vigorous use, but they will send a replacement. Works well with mfp.
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Never had a Fitbit but most of my friends that did moved on to Polar A360 or Apple. They kept complains about band breaking etc..the only thing they did like was the community
  • kmaf2018
    kmaf2018 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit charge HR and I love it! And its suprisingly very accurate, a few times a day I'll measure my own HR using the pulse on wrist method and I set my stop watch for 60secs and honestly its either spot on with what my fitbit reads or its a beat up or down out which i can live with as i know not everything can be 100% accurate! I got mine from amazon for £70, best thing i ever bought
  • ColoradoChlo
    ColoradoChlo Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have the Alta HR and it's perfect for me. I love being able to track my heart rate and I love challenging my peers to see who can take more steps. As a weightlifter, I struggle with getting my steps in but they are very necessary. The Alta is a bit thinner than the charge and I absolutely love how it looks (I have the coral color!). I track my water intake as well as my exercise (weightlifting sessions). It's simple and its perfect.
  • marvin1969
    marvin1969 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Added a Fitbit Charge 2 HR and really like it. Because I do cardio and then immediately go to my strength training, it seems to tracks my caloric burns pretty well for the activity and HR. Since I don't really "count" on my strength training for the calorie burn, it's been good.

It is NOT water resistant, which really is a bit annoying for me, since I want to wear it swimming, snorkeling, etc. But I love the band. Add a few more dollars and get something like "UMTELE Milanese Loop Stainless Steel Metal Bracelet Strap with Unique Magnet Lock" from Amazon with it. It's MUCH better than the rubber one that came with the tracker.