First time doing MFP. Help

Options
I want and need to succeed at this. But need help encouragement and motivation as we all do. Any suggestions, success stories, tricks. Would be very much appreciated. Happy losing

Replies

• Morganbennett1
    Morganbennett1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.
    I've found that these are the top 5 suggestions on here for newbies:
    1. Weigh all of your food, guessing and using measuring cups can result in over or under eating calories.
    2. Weigh in weekly and take body measurements. Sometimes the scale will go up, down, or stay, but your measurements will go down. This will keep you motivated and show that you are shrinking.
    3. Exercise is a big part of it, make sure you are exercising and try not to eat all the exercise calories back (MFP and exercise equipment can show inaccurate burns)
    4. Look at the success stories message boards, they are great motivators.
    5. Don't expect results overnight. It can take a long time to see results. (I didn't start to notice a change until almost a month after starting, and people around me didn't notice until I lost 25lbs. Keep at it.)

Another thing to add to the list.
    Do this for you, not anyone else. Your own opinion of yourself is all that matters, don't let anyone else try to change you.

And as always, if you get hurt or start to have concerns that scare you. CONSULT A DOCTOR.

Feel free to add me if you want.
  • Iwilldo198
    Iwilldo198 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much appreciate it