Faux "junk food"

I'm craving junk food.
I have made room for it, but I feel it takes up too much of my calorie budget because it's calorie dense and I eat like two servings each time.
So, what are some things that can be easily included?
I really like sweets btw!

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Sugar free jelly.
    Protein fluff
    Protein pudding
    Protein mug cake
    Halo top
    Baked sweet potato chips
    Homemade pizza or hamburgers
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    I'm currently loving Nairn's oat-based, low-sugar biscuits (cookies to USians). When I crave a chocolate chip cookie, I can essentially have one; for only 50 calories!
  • brittnotshy
    brittnotshy Posts: 43 Member
    I'm a big fan of these recipes - particularly the high protein "cookie dough". :)

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Can you give examples of what you would like to eat? Dessert in general is not junk food, and there are a ton of healthy recipes. What is the calorie range you are looking for in a treat?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,285 Member
    Skinny Pop popcorn. Dry cereal.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    oreo thins, mini chocolate bars, halo top
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Popcorn, halo top, as another poster said- Protein fluff. You can make mug cakes, or learn a baked dessert protein recipe.

I also thing of calorie dense things as "mix-ins" rather than eating them alone. 2 oreos by themselves done do much, but crumbled them up and put them in some yogurt or protein fluff and they go a long way.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    I like popcorn, particularly the spicy flavoured kind. A serving is usually pretty big (4 cups for under 300 calories).

Sweet, I will go for a measured serving of lower-fat ice cream (around 120-150 cal/half cup). 2 squares of dark chocolate (50 cal). Werther's Original candies (20 cal each). And I make overnight oats for breakfast, sweetened with stevia, that are very dessert-like. Chocolate cherry and Bounty bar (coconut with chocolate fudge topping) are my faves, and they're around a 250 cal breakfast. :)
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Popcorn, halo top, as another poster said- Protein fluff. You can make mug cakes, or learn a baked dessert protein recipe.

I also thing of calorie dense things as "mix-ins" rather than eating them alone. 2 oreos by themselves done do much, but crumbled them up and put them in some yogurt or protein fluff and they go a long way.

I'd rather just eat them all and not have them again for a day or 2
  • bbell1985
    tsortsor wrote: »

I'd rather just eat them all and not have them again for a day or 2

To each his own. I can eat 6 oreos so fast and I only get 1500 calories per day. I'd rather have the taste, take my time with a big bowl of yogurt, and meet my protein goal for the day for 1/3 the cals :) Oh, and not be hungry the next minute.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    What is protein fluff?

To each his own. I can eat 6 oreos so fast and I only get 1500 calories per day. I'd rather have the taste, take my time with a big bowl of yogurt, and meet my protein goal for the day for 1/3 the cals :) Oh, and not be hungry the next minute.

What kind of yogurt do you mix it with? Not sure that I can deal with having excess oreos in my house, but this may be a way to not eat the entire bag in two days . . . .
  • bbell1985
    DamieBird wrote: »
    What is protein fluff?

What kind of yogurt do you mix it with? Not sure that I can deal with having excess oreos in my house, but this may be a way to not eat the entire bag in two days . . . .

Protein fluff is a high volume "fluff" made with liquid and protein powder. It expands to the size of a mixing bowl and can be eaten for as little as 200 calories.

I put my cookies in 0% Fage. I just buy a 6 pack of Oreos and put the rest in the freezer
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    I'm craving junk food.
    I have made room for it, but I feel it takes up too much of my calorie budget because it's calorie dense and I eat like two servings each time.
    So, what are some things that can be easily included?
    I really like sweets btw!

Enlightened brand ice cream
    Halo Top brand ice cream
    90 calorie treats from fiber one
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Have you tried the protein cheesecake recipe on mfp?
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    I measure out one serving and put the rest away.

But protein fluff is really nice and filling for an alternative sweet.
  • Rabbitsocksgardener
    Rabbitsocksgardener Posts: 74 Member
    I love veggie chips (Kale or sweet potato-always hokemade) and I LOVE apple chips. If you're looking for something more substantial/indulgent and less Snacky, I always go for a baked apple/light apple crisp.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Halo Top has saved my deficit more than once, lol.
    Also homemade bacon cheeseburgers.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Mmmm...
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    I'm a big fan of these recipes - particularly the high protein "cookie dough". :)

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/

Yes!! Definitely check out her recipes for healthier dessert recipes!