loosing weight twice impossible?

Options
I feel like I'm not going to look the same after loosing weight the second time, I lost 86, pounds and felt great. I weighed in at 161, but now two years later I gained it back and now weigh in at 261, I want to know if I will look the same

Replies

• brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Hard to tell! I look a little different now than I did at this same weight five years ago. But no matter what the change will be positive, so I wouldn't worry about it!
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    You might look even better, because now you have the knowledge you didn't the first time around :)

I have lost over 100lbs... at *least* three times in my life. I'm not proud of that, that's a lot of "yo yo dieting", and losing weight is never easy, it always takes dedication and determination. But in the end it always nets in a better result than not doing it at all.

So instead of making it a goal to look like you used to, make it a goal to look BETTER than you used. If you shoot for the stars you'll at least land on the moon, is how I think the quote goes.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Obviously there are many factors involved. You may or may not. I think you said you are incorporating strength training in other posts? Well that is going to make a huge difference, in a good way!

I always think the same thing each time I get pregnant... Am I going to look the same after? I actually think I look a bit better in many ways. Plus I know more and have more experience each time and know what works and what doesn't.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    It sucks. I lost 90 pounds a year and half ago. Gained it all back. Now I'm back it for the 100000000000x . It about not giving up. It about jumping on the horse once it bucks you off. You can do this. I can do this. We all can. We have shown we have the abilities to do it so let's do it again!
  • weightloss_acc
    weightloss_acc Posts: 109 Member
    Options
  • Mountainbiker2015
    Mountainbiker2015 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I lost over 50 pounds 5 years ago and gained it back and then some. I wondered the same thing. I guess I am not going to worry about it till I reach my goal again and then deal with it. I just want the weight off again and to have healthy life. That and not gain it back. ;)