Mom of 2 needs to lose 100 pounds

Options
Hi iam a mom of 2 I work 3 part time job I have about 100 pounds I would like to lose I've been going to the gym as much as possible but IAM having a hard time with my eating habits

Replies

• pawamonster
    pawamonster Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can do it! It helps me to plan everything out ahead of time (I eat the same basic meals most days). My dietician also has me on a 40/30/30 plan with a hard cap on carbs (150g/day) and a minimum fiber requirement (30g), which helps me not feel hungry/hangry and keeps my energy high and steady all day. It's easier to make good choices when you're not moody. Best of luck to you, mom of 2!
  • attawayfamily4
    attawayfamily4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm also a mom of 2 and working on losing 100 pounds. I suggest really sticking to the food diary. When you're forced to log everything you really see where you are going wrong. I avoid the gym but do walk. ALOT! I track it on mapmywalk.com. I like the feeling of accomplishment when I see how far I can go. Now that I'm down 50 lbs, I can see how important it is to have both sides, exercise and nutrition, on point to have the weight come off. Don't give up during plateaus. Remember this is so important for you and your kids. They need you at your best. And you deserve it!
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Mum of 2 here as well. I still have about 100 to lose, down over 130lb so far
    I like to be active with my kiddos these days. I walk alot with my 15 month old strapped to my back and i hike with both my kids at the weekend, my daughter carrys a little bag with drinks and nappys and i have my son on my back
    Teaches them the importance of being active as a part of health

Log everything in your diary and weigh it on a food scale to be accurate
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I absolutely support hitting the gym but losing weight is 100% about maintaining a calorie deficit.

I know losing 100 pounds seems daunting. It certainly did to me but I did it so I know you can too. All it takes is 1 day at a time. That is it. Before you know it, you will look back and be amazed at what you have accomplished.
  • melissaw1979
    melissaw1979 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the inspiration
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 2 and I'm 3 pounds away from my 100 lb goal! I never ever thought I'd see this day. It's totally doable once you find your groove. If you're really serious about getting healthy eat clean and stop eating bread. I eat carbs but it's rice and potatoes. I don't eat bread at all. I drink water or tea and I eat organic and no chemicals. I feel sooooo incredibly good eating this way.