Which macro is your main priority? and why?

Options
2»

Replies

• StarBrightStarBright
    StarBrightStarBright Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Carbs - keeping them below 40% of my daily intake. If I go much above that I find they set off cravings for me. Otherwise I tend to let the fat and protein fall where they will.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Protein and fiber. I'm running a half marathon and two triathlons this summer, so I need that for recovery. I also make fiber a priority for long-term health.
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I don't focus on one in particular but I am starting to follow IIFYM again so my focus is on getting the right balance of each (37% protein, 18% fat, 45% carbs).
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    For me it's protein and carbs. I had weight loss surgery just over a year ago, so it is vital to keep track of my protein and carbs. Recently I have taken up a weight training/cardio regimen 6 days a week to rebuild muscle lost during the weight loss, so it has become even more important. I try to stick to around 120g protein and no more than 90g carbs per day (40% protein, 30% fats, 30% carbs).
  • physio52
    physio52 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Carbs and fat as I am on low carb high fat diet for diabetes control and weight loss
  • healthyfitsamantha
    healthyfitsamantha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Protein and then fats. I only worry about carbs to make sure I don't go over. That being said, when I was running and doing marathon training, I equally prioritized my protein and carb intake.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Protein for my muscles and fats for my hormones. I fill in the rest of my calories with carbs. If cutting they are lower if in maintenance they are higher. I also keep an eye on fiber and shoot for 15 grams per 1000 calories...
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Protein (135g), then carbs (210g) and fats (70g) equally.

Helps keep me fuller for longer, doesn't give me stinky breath (I did full keto for a while - ugh!), and supports my quest for low enough body fat to see my abs!