I am new here

Options
Hi,
My name is Jessica, and I am 25. I married my high school sweetheart 3 years ago, and am so happy that is until I see the scale. I am currently at 206 pounds and am having the hardest time losing it because I am very lazy and it is hard to get myself to work out or eat the right things. i have poly cystic ovarian syndrome and that has made my metabolism weakened and not where it should be for my age, and has prevented my from having children, which of course has taken a toll on my and my husband because we want to have children. i found myfitnesspal app on my phone and was so excited about, because my health couch has been wanting me to keep track of the things i eat and my calorie intake.

i think the best thin i need is motivation, motivation, and more motivation. Someone telling me that i can do it, because all i hear in my head is that i can't, and i am tried of telling myself that i can't because i know i can.

i spent the whole time i was grocery shopping yesterday looking at labels and picking out veggies, but i always seemed to get some junk food because my husband will not eat the veggies. i guess my first question is ho do i get my husband to eat his veggie along with me? Also, i sit at a desk all day, how can i incorporate some type of workout through out the day besides speed walking through the office and having my boss ask why i am running every where?

Thanks for the much needed help!

Jessica

Replies

• lola67
    lola67 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Jessica!! Good for you for wanting to change your health for the better. Sorry to hear that you have poly cystic ovarian syndrome.. : ( Don't sell yourself short you can make this change, you can do this!!! As for the hubby I am having the same problem with him not wanting to eat what I want to eat.

At work would your boss let you sit on a medicine ball instead of an office chair? You would be working your core that way!!

Best of luck on your journey!!
    Lorna