Breakfast foods

Standardgirl4u
Standardgirl4u Posts: 2 Member
Hi everyone. I am new here. I'm looking for breakfast ideas. I have had oatmeal the last 2 days. Yesterday I added raisins and today a 1/4 of an apple. I never really ate breakfast on a regular basis. I can't have turkey or cottage cheese and I struggle to eat eggs. Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Bacon ... all the bacon
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Dinner leftovers. Or nothing. (I like nothing - I save calories for later!)
  • anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    You don't have to eat breakfast, but breakfast can be pretty much anything. I had leftover pizza yesterday and a protein bar this morning. I know you said you struggle to eat eggs, but I like to make quiche on Sunday and have it for breakfast all week. I eat a lot of eggs because they are super easy, but so are things like peanut butter on toast, sauteed vegetables and sausage/chicken/bacon, and yogurt and fruit. If you are just looking for oatmeal ideas, I like some kind of nut butter and cocoa powder in mine.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Breakfast smoothie with protein powder and fruits / veggies; overnight oats, Greek yogurt with stuff mixed in, English muffins spread with nut butter, hummus, or avocado...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Greek yogurt with fruit & Fiber One sprinkles.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    I sometimes have an english muffin with a wedge of laughing cow cheese spread on it.
  • carin56
    carin56 Posts: 4 Member
    Protein helps to crave the highs and lows. A few nuts with fruit and yoghurt, peanut butter on banana,
    1oz cheese with fruit. protein shake-( I live on them)
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    I'm not much of a breakfast person and prefer to save my calories for lunch and dinner. That said, I have my coffee and a Yoplait Greek 100 calorie high protein yogurt on days that I'm too hungry to wait till lunch. They come in all kinds of yummy flavors and keep me full for hours on only 100 calories. High in protein too!
  • Standardgirl4u
    Standardgirl4u Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you! I have not found a protien drink that doesn't make me sick. I will keep looking. I love bacon. Thanks for the ideas!!
  • delboy757
    delboy757 Posts: 41 Member
    A favorite of mine. 2 scrambled egg (no butter), one slice of Kingsmill 50/50 bread,1 slice bacon and mug of black tea. Lovely
  • kenyes
    kenyes Posts: 1 Member
    Peanut butter banana.
  • Igtba789
    Igtba789 Posts: 10 Member
    I like to stir in a tbsp of peanut butter into my cooked oatmeal.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Overnight oats. Frozen fruit. Yogurts of all kinds.

All the toasts; update the spreads. I like peanut butter and I like Laughing Cow.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Some of my go-to breakfasts:
    Greek yogurt
    Mini egg frittatas
    Overnight oats
    Steel cut oats with fruit & protein powder
    Bagel thin with whipped cream cheese and lox
    Mashed avocado on toast
    Blueberry pancakes (I eat mine with Greek yogurt instead of syrup)
    Scrambled eggs & veggies
    Leftovers from yesterday
    Eggs on toast
    Fried egg on a sandwich slim with cheese
    Protein shake with fruit, yogurt, & protein powder
    Fried egg on a multigrain waffle
    Fried egg and hummus on a toasted sandwich thin
  • reneeplotz
    reneeplotz Posts: 1 Member
    Egg beaters (25 calories per 3tbsp)
    Turkey sausage (100 calories 3 links)
    Simply potatoes (70 calories 1/2 c)
  • ankachinu
    ankachinu Posts: 23 Member
    You can try waffles or pancake made with oats. I just throw few instant oats in the mixer and make them into flour.
    Now use it instead of all purpose flour.

Here is recipe for waffles that I personally follow: http://cookieandkate.com/2014/easy-gluten-free-oat-waffles/
  • Amys712
    Amys712 Posts: 86 Member
    Banana pancakes - with just bananas and eggs!

1 banana, 2 eggs, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg. Blend gently (try to avoid creating a bunch of foam). Pour like pancake mix! I use coconut oil to cook with. And I blend strawberries to use instead of syrup.

Omelettes are great too.
  • priyamvada_k
    priyamvada_k Posts: 27 Member
    edited May 2017
    2 tablespoons chia seeds soaked overnight in half cup of almond milk (stir well). Next morning, top with banana and plenty of berries. Filling breakfast. You can also make a variation with chia and whole rolled oats soaked in almond milk overnight. Then add fruit in the morning.

Alternatively:
    1. Toast topped with sliced avocado, salt and pepper. You can add sliced tomato if you wish.
    2. Toast topped with peanut butter/almond butter and sliced banana
    3. English muffin toasted and topped with cheese and a freshly made fried egg; salt and pepper
    4. Toast topped with freshly sliced strawberries and maple syrup gently drizzled over them.
    5. Toast topped with cream cheese and either fresh tomato with a dash of salt and pepper; or toast topped with cream cheese and fresh strawberries