bride to be...may 2012

Options
i am working on getting fit as an inspriation from my sister and my best friend. i currently weigh 157 lbs and am 5'8'' and would like to weigh 140lbs (or less) for my May 2012 wedding. i like short (30 min or less), fun workouts, and love to eat cheese and drink wine. Any chance that I will be in my goal weight by may??

thanks,
blushing bride

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited you joined MFP. There are so many helpful, supportive people on here who can help encourage you to keep it up. I am more than positive you will meet/exceed your goal weight. I :heart: you sis!
  • youngmum
    youngmum Posts: 114
    Options
    congratulations on your wedding :smile:
    I think you can do it & welcome to MFP
  • nursekj
    nursekj Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    All the best and you will get there, just mix it up a bit in terms of workouts. Dont get too hung up on weight I lost a bit too much and dress was loose by wedding day ;-) Stress does it for you! But youll make a gorgeous bride - I was 5'7 and 150lb when i got married.
  • sonjalucia
    sonjalucia Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congrats fellow bride to be!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    im getting married april 2012. Congratulations!!

I see no reason why you shouldnt get to your goal in that time, as long as your cheese and wine are in reasonable proportions and fit in with your allowances for the day
  • kristinthurmond
    Options
    thanks everyone!
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i am also getting married in may!whats ur day?im pretty sure mine is may 12.and im at 179..and need to lose bad!
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in April 2012! I don't have the attention span for long workouts either...and while i do not drink, i'm a firm believer that cheese makes just about anything edible! Feel free to add me! Here's to being the hottest brides possible! :drinker:
  • momwithacamera
    momwithacamera Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Kristin, I have been doing Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred DVD for the past month, and I just got several of her other workouts. They seem exactly like what you are looking for- they are less than 30 minutes each, but work you HARD. It is circuit training and so you do cardio and strength together, and one thing I can guarantee is that if you do the Shred, your arms will ROCK your wedding dress in May!! Along with the rest of you :)

There are loads of threads on here about the 30 Day Shred, many showing before and after pics that are amazing. I think you might like it.

Cheese and wine should really not be a problem, I am finding that I can eat many of the things I love and still stay within the range MFP has set for me :)

Welcome! Enjoy preparing for your wedding, and don't forget to prepare with your husband to be for the lifetime of marriage that will follow. We are celebrating 17 years next week, and I can honestly say that the books we read, conversations we had, and other marriage prep have served us SO well!

Blessings!
    Jen
  • kristinthurmond
    Options
    may 12!! where is your wedding?
  • kristinthurmond
    Options
    thanks! i have the 30 day shred and have done it a few times, but need to really committ to doing it a few times a week. it definitely kicks butt!!
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I live in Washington state