May weight loss challenge begun May 1

124

Replies

  • R2che
    R2che Posts: 123 Member
    Hi all.
    It's a work day for me today and I can't hardly keep my eyes open. I'm sooo tired. Roll on tomorrow and my day off.

    My weight has stayed exactly the same since Thursday :( not one ounce has left this body!

    I actually ran yesterday when I was walking my dog. I've not ran since I broke my knee in November. It wasn't pretty or elegant and I probably could have walked faster but it's a NSV for me :)

    Lin I think U.K. 10 is a us 6 maybe? Not 100% sure on that.

    I'm loving reading everyone's posts and I'm sending lots of motivating vibes and good wishes all your way. You all got this!!!

    Much love ❤️❤️
  • Lin20281
    Lin20281 Posts: 355 Member
    Wow Rachel! I have hardly ever worn a 6. WTG!! Thanks for all the vibes and hope your work day was good.
  • pinkVhead
    pinkVhead Posts: 42 Member
    @Lin waaaw how awesome that nsv is :smile:
    I am trying hard to chase that goal.
    @NoMoreAfatChick keep it going :smiley:
    @chandracurry3 you will love those home gym things :)
    @R2che good job..
    @chicabear1 love you for your spirit :)
  • R2che
    R2che Posts: 123 Member
    It's chucking it down in the U.K today. I've been and walked the dog and did a class at the gym.

    The scales still haven't moved for me. It's so hard to keep going when you don't see the numbers going down...

    Off to collect my little lady from school now. Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday. ❤️❤️
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    hey gals...
    i am going on a water fast for like 45hours... its just 10.15am here today. i will end it around 7pm tomorrow.. lets see how much i can handle..

    you are all doing great...

    Love
    K
  • Lin20281
    Lin20281 Posts: 355 Member
    Hey K, you just take care of yourself, OK? It isn't worth anything if you make yourself sick to be careful and just know we care about you!
  • Chicabear1
    Chicabear1 Posts: 38 Member
    Hello all my lovely friends! It's Day # 17 and we are at least halfway through our May challenge! Doing okay today. I have a few hundred more steps to go to reach my daily Fit Bit step goal of 10k. Some days are easier then others to reach my goal. I hope you all are staying strong and achieving your goals! We can do this my friends! It might take a while but we'll get there eventually if we keep an eye on our calorie intake and our exercise goals! Until next time...
    I'm here if you need me.
    Your friend always, Lady Chica
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    Lin20281 wrote: »
    Hey K, you just take care of yourself, OK? It isn't worth anything if you make yourself sick to be careful and just know we care about you!
    Lin20281 wrote: »
    Hey K, you just take care of yourself, OK? It isn't worth anything if you make yourself sick to be careful and just know we care about you!

    @Lin20281 thanx Lin... yes i am being carefull.. if i fell a little extreme, i will stop fast and at something.. it is 10pm here, will sleep in like 1hour.. hoping i can continue... thanx a lot for the caring words..

    Love
    K
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    darlings....
    i am gonna finish my fast in like half an hour.. it went awesome...
    lost aalmost 2lbs...
    officially in 60's...
    69.8kilos.... 153.88lbs...
  • R2che
    R2che Posts: 123 Member
    Good morning from another wet and soggy day in the U.K. Really hoping it will cheer up a bit later.

    The scales have dropped for me again this morning. I'm now 149lbs or 10st 9. I've got 81/2 weeks until I go on holiday so I'm REALLY hoping I can keep this momentum going and get to 140lbs by then. Every pound seems to be getting harder to loose tho. Yesterday I did day 1 of couch to 5k. I'm by no means a runner esp with a dodgy knee, but I've got nothing to loose so thought I'd try it. It's one of my favorite nights at the gym tonight, boxing! I love the buzz I get from working so hard in this class.

    Hope everyone is still feeling motivated and just remember #this girl can! We can do this girls!

    Much love ❤️
  • steph81881
    steph81881 Posts: 50 Member
    @NoMoreAfatChick Hi! I love doing water fasts... I always feel so refreshed and healthy afterwards... and a whole day without eating seems to hit the reset button for me when I plateau. Let me know next time you do one and I'll do it with you :)
    I'm a late comer to the May weight loss challenge but can I still join? Started at 181 and down to 178 now... want to get down to 163 by 4th of July for our vacation this summer! 7 weeks away... I've got to stay on track this year. We go to a gorgeous resort in San Diego every summer and I'm always the one in the cover up while everyone else is running around in swim suits!! I'm determined that this year won't be the same as the rest!
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    steph81881 wrote: »
    @NoMoreAfatChick Hi! I love doing water fasts... I always feel so refreshed and healthy afterwards... and a whole day without eating seems to hit the reset button for me when I plateau. Let me know next time you do one and I'll do it with you :)
    I'm a late comer to the May weight loss challenge but can I still join? Started at 181 and down to 178 now... want to get down to 163 by 4th of July for our vacation this summer! 7 weeks away... I've got to stay on track this year. We go to a gorgeous resort in San Diego every summer and I'm always the one in the cover up while everyone else is running around in swim suits!! I'm determined that this year won't be the same as the rest!

    @steph81881 awesome.. yes we are all in this together and we are all gonna lose weight no matter what... Yes you are more than welcome to join...
    We could have done it today but i just had few almonds :wink: :wink:
    lets do water fast coming Monday. Deal???
  • steph81881
    steph81881 Posts: 50 Member
    @NoMoreAfatChick I'm in!! I'll start Sunday at 6:30pm and go through Tuesday at 8am :) Monday's are usually so busy for me so that works
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    steph81881 wrote: »
    @NoMoreAfatChick I'm in!! I'll start Sunday at 6:30pm and go through Tuesday at 8am :) Monday's are usually so busy for me so that works

    @steph81881 perfect!!!
    I will start on Sunday 9pm around and will end it on Tuesday 8pm.. I am on OMAD(One Meal A Day) diet, so i usually take my meal in the night.. gives me extra hours of fast :smile: :)
  • Lin20281
    Lin20281 Posts: 355 Member
    Hi gang, I'm back. Trying to keep track of everything on MFP. We are winding up the Hogwarts Challenge Term 14 and it is getting crazy with the tasks, but tons of fun. If I'm not on here a lot in the next couple of days, please forgive me. We are having a sort of relay task thing, two teams competing. Also, there are Quidditch finals and my team is competing for the cup, so am exercising like crazy! lol

    If anyone here is a Harry Potter fan, Term 15 will be opening up soon. Watch for the listing, or ask me and I will make sure you get the link.

    Everyone here is doing so well and is so active. You guys are absolutely awesome!

    So far, I'm doing great in May. I've lost a little over 5 pounds, have exercised every day. Some are just walking, but that counts, right? Have stayed under calories every day, and even have a plan for the evening out. It works! Truthfully, I don't know what the calorie deficit has been for each day, but I know I've consistently been under. And, I have also not given myself rest days. I have a Fitbit, and I aim each day to hit 10,000 steps. There have been several days I didn't, but for May, most of them have exceeded that.

    Hope all are doing well today. Today is my birthday -- if you look at the Profile I'm one year older! Friends are taking me out for dinner tonight, and I have a plan so even with that I won't be over on the calories.
  • R2che
    R2che Posts: 123 Member
    Happy Birthday lovely! Enjoy your meal out
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    Lin20281 wrote: »
    Hi gang, I'm back. Trying to keep track of everything on MFP. We are winding up the Hogwarts Challenge Term 14 and it is getting crazy with the tasks, but tons of fun. If I'm not on here a lot in the next couple of days, please forgive me. We are having a sort of relay task thing, two teams competing. Also, there are Quidditch finals and my team is competing for the cup, so am exercising like crazy! lol

    If anyone here is a Harry Potter fan, Term 15 will be opening up soon. Watch for the listing, or ask me and I will make sure you get the link.

    Everyone here is doing so well and is so active. You guys are absolutely awesome!

    So far, I'm doing great in May. I've lost a little over 5 pounds, have exercised every day. Some are just walking, but that counts, right? Have stayed under calories every day, and even have a plan for the evening out. It works! Truthfully, I don't know what the calorie deficit has been for each day, but I know I've consistently been under. And, I have also not given myself rest days. I have a Fitbit, and I aim each day to hit 10,000 steps. There have been several days I didn't, but for May, most of them have exceeded that.

    Hope all are doing well today. Today is my birthday -- if you look at the Profile I'm one year older! Friends are taking me out for dinner tonight, and I have a plan so even with that I won't be over on the calories.


    @Lin20281 Happy Bday.. have an amazing one.. enjoy with your friends and dont forget to treat yourself, you deserve it..
    awesome loss.. 5pounds in like 20days.. keep going..
  • Chicabear1
    Chicabear1 Posts: 38 Member
    Have a great birthday Lin! You're doing so great this month! :) Its Day # 19 and overall, it's been a great month! Hanging in there! Like Lin, I've met my step goal all but 2 or 3 days. Unlike Lin, I've given myself some rest days in there. Well have a great weekend everyone! Keep reaching for your goals! Until next time...Chica
  • Chicabear1
    Chicabear1 Posts: 38 Member
    What happened to our friend Pink?
  • R2che
    R2che Posts: 123 Member
    How's everyone's weekend been? X